DX Landcross info

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Brodimus Prime, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    I've had my sets on Landcross for a while now, and I found an auction on eBay for $130, but it is for the DX Landcross, which was released a few years ago. Is there a difference between this version and the original 1989 version? The box looks Korean, so I thought it might be like the Korean Dai Atlas knock-off that is often times found on eBay. Any info on the DX Landcross would be really helpful, so I know I'm getting the real deal, and not a KO. Thanks.

2. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You're talking the reissue that Takara did a few years ago right? If so then those were packaged in blind packs IIRC, like the PVC figures. A box of 12 figures had 2 complete sets. There was also the all black chase version as well. As for the price I can't comment. I got the reissue set a couple of years ago for about $30 - $40. I don't know if there are any paint app differences, but it does appear to come with all the orignial weapons and pieces.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Similarly, I don't know about current going price, but it sounds like the same version I have. I bought the set (which is the reissue) from a seller at Transforce (UK convention) for £30 as I recall, in 2004.

As far as I know, there shouldn't be any difference between those reissues and the original.
    I think the DX simply refers to the fact that they were essentially marketed as Deluxe (DX) Micromasters.

4. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Thanks. Sounds like I'll pick em up.