DW's Collection

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by darkwingduck13, Nov 7, 2010.

1. darkwingduck13

darkwingduck13 Caped Crusader

Hey all. Account is new, but I'm not...been lurking since the beginning, and just did a redesign on my toy/game room. Here's my collection. Some of the G1 items are holdovers from my misspent youth, others are purchases from here and there. I think I've got a few nice items! I don't necessarily collect for completion...I buy the things that I think are cool (or accept whatever family/friends gift me :)  ). Big thanks go to my wife for putting up with (and even at times encouraging) all this. She's the one who bought me Euro Thunderclash (sealed!) as well as several of my imports. She also found the shotglass shelves that hold the Minicons, and helps me keep all this stuff arranged so you can actually see most of it!

Attached Files:

2. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

I like your setup. Carded figures serving as wall-paper is a favorite display method of mine. Might I recommend a Transformers comforter for the bed? Then your bed counts as a display piece as well.

~Z

3. darkwingduck13

Thanks! I actually already have a Transformers quilt and pillow that my wife made me from the old sheet set that came out in the 80s, but it was folded up on the couch when we took these pics. I'll remember to lay it out on the bed next time. :D 

4. darkwingduck13

Couch & Entertainment Center

I've got a few more TF items over by the couch and entertainment center in this room. Got a pic for those now. In this one you can see the TF pillow and quilt draped over the couch, as well as my video game collection.

Attached Files:

5. avenged9

avenged9 DecepticonAvenger

Ebay:
    Nice collection and display. :thumb 

6. darkwingduck13

Thanks. I'm thinking about using one of those free imagehosts for the pics so people can see the shelves at the full resolution if they want. I love TF-hunting in other peoples' pics. :) 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    After you click on a photo to view it, you can double click it for the photo to bring it up to full resolution.

You've really got a cool collection :thumb 

8. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

WOW,... great collection here as this is awesome to be able to display everything you have. I can't cause I don't have the room since I also get MOTUC and SW.

9. rkg123

rkg123 Well-Known Member

nice collection! heh - the pillow case is awesome :) 

10. darkwingduck13

Thanks guys! :)  The whole reason I have this much room is because we converted the garage into my toy/game room. My wife helped me wall it off, put up the drywall, paint, put down carpet, etc etc etc. Gotta love the support. :D  Her father even helped me build the largest of the 3 display cases.

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    As if we weren't envious enough? :lol 

12. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Awsome collection! You have some really great pieces.

13. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

great collection also you have a great wife and father-in-law to help you out:thumbs2: 

14. Autobot78

Autobot78 G1er

News Credits:
    very nice collection, i love the order and very structure display style you went with very impressive

15. darkwingduck13

Thanks for all the comments! The organization is partly my doing and partly the wife's. She's very organized and good at arranging things in a visually-pleasing manner.

Here's a pic of my car, just to show a bit of love outside the room.

Attached Files:

16. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

Love your collection but what I REALLY want to know is WHERE you got those posters at cause I wanna get a couple of those in poster format.

17. darkwingduck13

The posters that are hanging up are posters from the Dreamwave era of the Transformers comics. I bought those at my local comic shop years ago when Dreamwave was pushing the brand pretty hard. The one that's sitting on the floor that I haven't hung up yet is part of a matched set of Optimus Prime & Megatron posters with blueprint-style backgrounds and movie-style artwork. I got those off eBay a long, long while back...8 or 9 years ago, I think. I have the Megatron one hanging in my office at work.
    I don't think it shows well in the pics we took, but just to the right of my computer desk I also have the Dreamwave Soundwave poster framed and hung. It's got Soundwave and whole crapload of the tapes on it.

And here's a pic of the gaming corner of the room. There are matching Optimus Prime & Megatron Dreamwave posters above the couch.

edit: My bad, posted this pic once already earlier.

Attached Files:

18. darkwingduck13

Since I screwed up on that last post, I took some more pics. Here we have my Scourge Unit (Nemesis Prime? Who's that?), along with my one and only custom...a KO Bruticus that I tried to paint to go with my Scourge Unit. I've got the official RID Ruination (multiple decos) but I always wished they'd release one that had more of an attachment to Scourge, so I tried to make one. I'll never claim to be a customizer.

Attached Files:

19. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

very nice

20. darkwingduck13

PCC Scourge

I posted these pics in the PCC Headswap thread, but figured this was a good place for them too since I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.

I'll quote my text from that thread here so I don't lose it:

Attached Files: