Dwarf Fortress

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Caterwaul, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Singing the props for my current favorite PC game, and it's about as Old School as they come.

Dwarf Fortress (Technically, Slaves to Armok: God of Blood - Chapter 2: Dwarf Fortress, but usually just shortened to Dwarf Fortress) is a Roguelike (That's ASCII graphics for you young'ens) that lets you build and control and community of dwarves. It's addicting as hell once you can get past the primitive graphics. Technically it's in alpha, but it's also free and more complex than many games out there. Go give it a look. Here

There's something fun about skinning kittens and wearing elf leather clothes, too. Anyways, is anyone else playing it? Any good stories?

2. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Looks intriguing...

Getting past those ascii graphics is a big leap though.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No doubt...that's just unforgiveable in this day and age. I couldn't play that.

4. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

When you play long enough, you start to not even notice the primitive graphics. But yeah, it DOES take some getting used to. Dont be fooled though, it's a fairly complex and involved game. Considering it's just one guy working on it, it's a pretty remarkable achievement in this day and age.

5. CheetahDC

CheetahDC Well-Known Member

Reminds me of Nethack. I don't think I've ever played Nethack myself...but my older brother was addicted to it at one time.