dvd's what ones to get?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by dark69, Aug 9, 2008.

1. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i want to get all the transformers show's on dvd but i was wondering what dvd's to get?
    just looking on ebay i see lots of dvd's for the cartoon movie but what one is best?

2. mordecai6

mordecai6 Mexi-con

News Credits:
    well the 25th edition of the movie is pretty kick ass cuz it has that one scrambler city cartoon and some nice little easter eggs here and there. I'm wondering how good the Chinese G1 box set is though....

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    If your talking about the chinese tin boxset. The one with all 4 seasons and the movie. It rocks. It even comes with a extra disk that shows why its the best version. You get the broadcast audio and film really cleaned up. I'm pretty happy with it.

As for the the sony 20th anniversay edition. Its a good starter if you don't want to invest in the series yet. You'll love it. scramble city

4. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

I have all of the Transformers seasons that are out so far except for Animated, but I don't know if the first season is out yet, I have the "movie"(first three episodes) You have to buy the 20th DVD for the movie because I think the Chinese tin has the movie only in chinese, and the quality of the anniversary one is amazing. If you're looking to get the Beast Wars/Beast Machines series we have the Rhino ones for them and they're all great. Just got the new Cybertron which is good, but as far as I've seen(through disc two) there's no extras just the show. and Armada is really good too, I think that one's Rhino as well, I'm not positive yet. but you can find all of them(except the Chinese tin) at Borders/Barnes and Noble if they don't have any in stock they can order them for you. Saves a lot of shipping and E-bay hassle.

5. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

My Chinese tin movie version has the original English dub.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If you liked Cybertron, I found it for around $20 brand new at half.com.

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I wish they'd make more 'sample packs' like the did with G1 with that best of DVD. That way, a fan could buy it, watch a few eps of a certain series, and by then will know enough to get the whole series if they want it.

Just a thought. The 25th Anniversary edition of the 86 movie is a good choice. It is G1's finest hour (90 minutes actually but yeah...). Also, try and view a few random eps of each series, but if "Code of Hero" or "Transmutate" doesn't convince you about Beast Wars, I imagine nothing will.

8. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    oh i'm sold on beast wars that show's the best!
    realy its g1 i need to know what set to get. that Chinese tin looks like it will be good
    thanks for all the info:) 

9. dark69

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hay what comes after G1??

10. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Japanese G1?

11. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Right. well if you watch g1 "season 4" the rebirth it ends on a pretty high note.

I own headmasters (japanese g1 continuation) and felt like I never ever want to watch it again. It has a really painful dub on top of some super sentai type japanese nonsense, which apparently only goes farther into that eastern power rangers style with masterforce.

My opinion is that if you want more g1 after you finish the u.s. series go get the comic books. They recently made a nice collection book of the original marvel comics, but looking through google and amazon it seems to be out of print.

getting the actual original books can get pretty expensive. Check with some of your local comic or book stores for the compilation books.

12. bourdon

bourdon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all dvds from MADMAN:drool: