DVD Region Free Software Player?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Pravus Prime, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Sorry for the newbish question, but I've got one series on DVD that's not region one, and that's Blakes 7. After a recent discussion about the series, I decided to re-watch the series, but lo and behold, between the last time I watched it and now (over a year later), it seems both Windows Media Player and HP Quickplay have both become region locked in some round of updates/upgrades, which means while I can change the setting, it no longer allows infinite settings.

I did some quick google searching, but didn't like the results, the first program I found my anti-virus went crazy and aborted it, and some of the others wanted to include other stuff (Like their own search engine) as well, so I didn't install any of them.

I'm not looking to burn or copy DVDs, just play them region free. Any freeware out there that'll let me do it on my laptop? (Preferably freeware, or trial software like WinRAR that'll let me use it beyond the 14 days.) Just in case it makes a difference, I'm running Vista. Please, no get a mac/different OS/PS3/Region Free DVD Player comments.

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    VLC Media Player, just download it from their official site free of charge, it lets you play all regions of DVDs on your laptop/PC with no hassle at all.

I use it myself and think its a great program.