DVD question for the pros

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hippie Trooper, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    The pros being you guys :wink: 

Hi, I've been lurking these boards for many months now, mostly the radicons section, but have only recently started posting.

Today at Target I saw 2 TF box sets; Energon: Ultimate collection and Cybertron: Ultimate collection. Both are 7 disc sets and are going for about $40. My question is, are these the complete series? Im not interested if they're not, and it seems odd to me that they could put entire series in only 7 discs, I could be wrong, I dont know how long each series ran.

I hope one of the experts here can shed some light for me.
    Thanks in advance.
    Later

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I believe those are the complete set. Each show ran around 52 eps which would average around 8 eps per 2hr disk.

3. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    yup full series on both, except I heard the Cybertron collection had some issue with one episode missin.

4. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Cybertron had the first few minutes of one of the earlier episodes missing, but there is a replacement disc available if I'm not mistaken. As far as Energon, I believe there was one episode altogether that didn't air, I think only in Japanese. Other than that, each were about 50 episodes and the rest is in the sets.

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Technically, neither qualifies as a complete set because neither US release includes the original Japanese audio. (But I do realize that's being nitpicky.)

However, the Energon set is missing an episode that never aired in the US, and is therefore an incomplete set.

Cybertron had a defective disc in the set missing appx 7 mins of footage from an episode, but Paramount offered a disc replacement program.

6. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As Superlink and Galaxy Force they are incomplete but as Energon and Cybertron they are complete (as complete as they get).

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    So has Armada never seen a DVD release here in the U.S.? No "complete" box set like Energon and Cybertron have?

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They had two Armada sets. Not sure if it is the entire series or not. They are called Season 1 pt 1 and pt 2. IIRC Rhino put them out. Similar packaging to G1 sets..

9. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Between the two Armada sets, all of Armada is on DVD as well.

10. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    This is good to know, I'll start putting the bug in my wife's ear immediately! I moved from TN to FL in the middle of the Armada run, and never put cable/sattelite TV back in. So I never got to see the end of Armada, or ANY of Energon or Cybertron. Through the magic of Youtube I've caught up with the first 2 seasons of Animated (my favorite non-G1 cartoon so far), watched RID again, and watched all of Armada. I'm starting now on Energon but you all know having the DVDs is best! I didnt know about the Armada set, time to start searching for that one too!
    Thanks everyone, this has been most helpful!
    Later

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    If I were you, I'd watch a bit more of Energon before deciding to spend the money on the dvds. It's not an easy series to love.