DVD Extras

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by monosierra, Jun 29, 2009.

1. monosierra

monosierra Well-Known Member

What do you want to see?

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Robot character guide.

3. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    robot blooper reel. i would literally murder for one.
    seriously. if whoever is in charge of this dvd gave me a list of names of people who need to lose their breathing rights and a gun in order for this to happen, i will be their smiling assassin.

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    More in-depth features regarding the research/creation/design/animation of the robots. The first movies DVD was severely lacking in that department.

5. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

deleted scenes
    making of
    commentary
    trailer
    previews
    special interviews w/ skids and mudflap

6. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i swear theres gonna be like 100 deleted scenes! lol jk but really seems like there would be alot...

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Michael Bay discussing his Top 10 fanwhines :lol 

8. arcee3

arcee3 Well-Known Member

Definately deleted scenes (if not, then give them to us in the movie ala director's cut) and a robot character guide with interactive 3D models you can turn around and zoom in on, etc. I second the DVD commentary with Skids and Mudflap. :D 

9. LemonPrime

LemonPrime Greetings Programs

News Credits:
    I'm thinking we'll get a super-duper-extended-director's-ultimate-unrated-edition in a big box set along the lines of Bay's Pearl Harbor set. While I don't have links or anything, I remember reading comment's from Bay saying he wasn't totally pleased with the first movie's DVD release and that he thought it was a bit rushed (ie. movie in theatres in July '07, DVD in stores by Oct. '07). Add to that his recent interview during a press junket where he mentioned having gotten "Ridley Scott's DVD guy" and how he was really excited about it. If you've seen some of Ridley Scott's DVDs, you know he didn't like to throw in extra scenes just for the hell of it. Take Alien for example. The studio wanted a Director's cut, but Scott wanted the DVD additions/extras to serve a purpose. If his "DVD guy" takes that approach on Revenge of the Fallen, maybe we can expect a nicely put together DVD.

I think ROTF definitely lends itself to an extended cut and I don't mean more/longer shots of Megan's ass or more shots of F-16s. We know from the tie-in material (prequel comics, movie comic/novel) and comic scribe Chris Mowry, that early scripts had some story ideas that just weren't fleshed out in the final cut, like "why was Megatron serving The Fallen," "what's the deal with the hatchlings", and "what happened to everyone after the final battle?" With the theatrical release, these things come off as plot holes the size of Devastator's mouth (or balls). We don't know for sure yet, but I think some of the explanation for this stuff was filmed and intentionally left out of the movie, not carelessly neglected.

Some might say that's giving Bay too much credit since he doesn't care about story or whatever, but think of it this way: Bay knows the business side of film pretty well. He knew this movie would rake in the cash even if it was two hours of Optimus farting on Sam's mom. He knew it so well in fact that he structured his deal with the studio and Hasbro so instead of getting paid upfront, he'd get paid based on how well the movie/toys/supplementary material sold. That being said, it stands to reason that he'll want DVD sales to go through the roof too. He may be crass, blunt, and immature, but he's not stupid. He undoubtedly expected the critics to give him sh!t for the movie and thus needs to give people a huge incentive to buy the DVD. Enter a whole new version of the movie. Cha-ching $$$.

I think I could do without a Director's commentary on this film, since it'll most likely be along the lines of the first one: "Transformers was a silly concept, I wanted to make everyone bad-ass, the writers were on strike so I said let's just effing do this my way, I invented Wheelie and all the new robots, that's the biggest explosion EVAR, the movie made X- amount of $$$ so suck it haters". Before seeing the movie, I thought it would be great to hear commentary by Orci, Kurtzman, Krueger but now, based on some comments they've made in the press/forums I don't know what they could say that wouldn't come across as "that's not our fault, Bay is Bay, we don't make the final decisions".

Damn, sorry for the long-winded post. Thanks for reading.

10. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

Yes, exactly what he said.

11. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    A second disc with the real movie, because the theatrical one was an elaborate April Fool's joke which happened to hit on June 24th, 2 months and 23 days late. Bravo, Bay. You really had me fooled. I'll be so glad when we see the real movie. "Revenge of the Fallen". Nice joke, you veritable Loki, you. You win the game.

12. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um... what? :peoples: 

I would like:

Commentary
    Making of
    The Timeline explaination
    Deleted scenes
    Fandom (again)
    Information on Scenes like Egypt, the Smithsodian(sp?) and the college lybrary(sp?)
    Extras auditions (y'know, the normal people who got to be seen in the movie)
    Stunt quardinations
    Concepts that didn't make it into the movie
    a copy of the script
    a comparason of the first and ROTF
    Guesses for any future TF movies

jD001

13. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

I would pay any price if THAt was on the DVD...