DVD Extras - Does it include supposed test shots of blocky robots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by viper2391, Oct 21, 2007.

1. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm just wondering... way way back Bay justified the new looks of Transformers againts blocky ones by saying they did some test shots with blocky TFs and say it just wont work. Is it included in the DVD or that was just some lame excuse? I know that they modified the robots for only one sole purpose --- MONEY. Yeah Hasbro did a ton of money on those new figures as they got TF fans in a sort of trance or hypnosis to the point that scalpers and hoarders made a lot of money too. It make sense money making wise because had they used G1 sort of likeness then Hasbro could not make that much money plus G1 moulds have been re-released quite frequently. Money changes everything.

2. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I don't think so, might be wrong

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are some early renders where the robot are more blocky. They also show a sideswipe looking robot transforming.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, those blocky concepts looked awful. They showed the sideswip-ish guy and some early animatics had the guys-in-card-board-suit-esque thing, but nothing full.

Also, money has nothing to do with how the robots look. If anything the new bots are more expensive as they have to make intricate and far more detailed robot renders and much more complex and detailed toys. Now you're just making stuff up.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    There are a few interwoven in the special features, and some on the Circuit City site (entry code is 70309)

6. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow do you think the money they paid for the visual effects and designers do not cover the ton of money TF movie has made? How about the ton of money Hasbro made making those toys considering the productions cost is that low in China? Do the math. Will they pay ILM $600M to render the robots? It makes sense and I'm not making this all up if you think like a businessman and how about the money made from DVD? You know they made a ton of money considering TF movie only cost arount $150M+ Also count the numerous earnings from previous merchandises not only toys.