DVD Burning- a question

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jorod74, Jan 25, 2010.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I spent 3 1/2 days at the beginning of January as converting a PowerPoint Presentation to a video format and burning it to disc for a friend. It was a slideshow that i had to add music to and prepare for viewing at his dad's funeral.

now, he comes back to me with a stack of blank DVDs and wants another project. He wants the video again, but this time wants about a half dozen audio recordings of his dad put on the same disc as separate "scenes" or "tracks". I don't have any video or the time to make videos to put on the disc.

is this at all possible and what software do i need to do this?

2. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Well, there's software like this:

DVDlab DVD authoring tool

Disclaimer: I'm not recommending or condemning this particular application, but if you want to make your own DVDs with menus, you'll probably need something similar. Try using a search engine to find alternatives?

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Sounds like a lot of work. You must be a saint.

Maybe you can get some double sided blanks that can have CD tracks on one side and DVD on the other?

4. OldDirtyBot

OldDirtyBot ODB

What are these audio recordings? Are they digital? MP3? WAV? Or we talking cassette or something.

If you only have so much video to work with, what does he want just a picture of his dad while the audio plays?

If so it might not be that hard to do, but I've never spliced audio like that so hopefully somewhere here will know of a authoring program that will help.

If its to much for you though tell him its not really your thing and you don't really do this kind of stuff. It sounds like he's really taking advantage because he has no idea how to do this and has no idea how much time and work it will take you to do it. He can hire a prof to do it and see how much they charge.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    The easiest way to do this is to import the images and slides from PowerPoint and your audio files into a simple editing program such as Pinnacle Studio or even Windows Movie Maker. Programs like this have simple editing timelines and should already sport one-click DVD burning features.

6. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    the recordings were from a digital recorder that I converted to MP3 files and i gave him a CD with all of them on it.

He wants the DVD Menu to look like this:
    1.) Video (the one i made originally)
    2.) Recording (audio only)
    3.) Recording
    4.) Recording
    and so on.

I have been Googling and all the results are for editing audio into video or ripping audio from a video.

I think i know what i have to do. it sucks, but it will work. Going to have to get him to email me a couple photos, then i will use Windows Movie Maker to just have a 20 minute still shot displayed as the man talks.

One other thing he asked me to do for him was google for song lyrics. He had no song title, no name of a band or performer and his only clue was, "it was about a carpenter."

he just has a knack for asking for things that are a f-in nightmare to get done.

i am not much of a saint- after pulling all nighters trying to "help out" i am really unfriendly to the point i just leave the stuff in my mailbox and ignore the doorbell.

ugh.