DVD/Blu-Ray special features dicussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Waveride, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    I'll take the risk on this one but seeing as how there's no general topic to review these features and talk about them and only the features i'm making this thread. A few things that got my attention so far or the top of my head in the features:

-Bay actually says he wants the designer to add the wrecking balls (lol)

-They show the autobots designs, then right after the twins they cut to decepticons (really sucks that they never showed the Arcee twins, Jolt, more Sideswipe)

-They actually pull the joke on an animator and make him open the Devastator file and it makes his keyboard blow up to black smoke! :D 

-The pre-viz were really cool, specially the chase that ended up being Audi R8/Corvette & Arcee bikes! I wonder if they actually did consider using a Lambo like in that video.

-Music from the film playing over sit downs with actors intercut with behind the scenes footage is really annoying!

-The extra military footage they show at the end of joint operation segment was really cool!

I'll post some more when i remember/finish the DVD. On a side note, it's really frustrating how the design feature only starts about half way in because they waste all that time talking about TF1 and such. What do you guys think of the features?

2. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

"-They actually pull the joke on an animator and make him open the Devastator file and it makes his keyboard blow up to black smoke! "

I didn't think that was real, how does a keyboard blow up like that?

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I posted this in another thread, but I cracked up when Bay was walking with a donkey and somebody said "Hey look, two jackasses!"

There was quite a bit of people taking fun shots at Bay on the "Giant effin movie" extra, and I know it was edited to look this way but it did seem like people were having fun.

Also, Duhamel playing with a My Little Pony was priceless.

4. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Where's that feature? DVD or Blu-Ray?

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Blu-ray, the "Giant Effin Movie" feature.

6. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    That sucks! I bought the two disc edition DVD and the features are so lackluster it's a shame. Even the first movie had more features than this. What happened to Bay saying the last DVD was not content filled enough?

7. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    its arcee tirpelts not twisn lol, anwyay when i get the dvd i will discuss my opinons on the features lol

8. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    It's lackluster to say the least!

9. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I loved the deleted scene with Ron and Judy in Paris. I thought it made their characters so much more interesting and a bit more than just Insane Mom and Finicky Dad.

I've been making my way through the other features. Really love the behind-the-scenes stuff. ROTF is the first movie I've actually watched the special features on though.

10. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Am i the only one that finds it irritating when they play in repeat all the score from the film over interviews and behind the scenes material? If only they could make an option to watch it with or without that.