DVD/Blu-Ray Commentary

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Poho, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Khan-Gar

Khan-Gar Banned

^Curious. Well, everyone's friendly for the camera all the time, especially Bay.

2. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Yeah. Even if she didn't have any real impact on the story, I would've been more than satisfied if she had just had more lines and was shown more in the action sequences.

Also, when Prime is killed, would it have killed them to, at least, have Ratchet go back to Prime's corpse with the other Autobots, scan it, and confirm that Prime's dead? Little scenes like that would have done wonders for the film.

3. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, while it was in the novel and does make sense, I think the way it was done in the film was perfect. The drowning out of the audio made it really emotional. Perhaps they should have extended that shot a little more, and showed Ratchet and Ironhide running towards Prime, and Ratchet kneeling next to him. But I wouldn't have wanted any dialgoue there.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Yeah, I :lol ed at this!!!!

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Arcee thing is lame...those are such badass motorcycles and interesting robot designs...damn.

I wonder if there'll ever be an explanation of the duplicate Constructicons and Clonecrusher.

6. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Why would there need to be?

G1 did it all the time and got away with it. No rule that says all cybertronians must have an alt mode unique to themselves.

7. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I don't think so either (repaints have worked wonders for Hasbro, and my toy collection)...but I'd like to know if it was intentional (which could mean the Movieverse Decepticon army is full of drones) or an oops. Plus sharing similar or the exact same alt. modes is logical (like there can be only one Decepticon tank) but the fact some robot modes are similar (Bonecrusher/Clonecrusher, Blackout/Grindor) was what threw me off as to what the Decepticons are. I don't view it as bad either since Long Haul, Mixmaster, Brawl and others could reappear in the third film, or something like Cyclonus could show up with the same 'bot/alt mode as Blackout/Grindor (a design I really like). So yeah I just want to know whether it was intentional or not.

8. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    I'd assume it was intentional...it'd be a pretty hard mistake to miss otherwise.

9. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    It HAD to be intentional... I mean, think about it. Yes, there are plenty of mistakes/continuity errors/"plot holes" etc in the film... BUT you have to figure the peeps working on the CG are painstakingly creating and thus STARING at this shit for months. I find it hard to believe that none of them would notice 2 cement mixer bots being present at the same time... or dump truck bots, etc. Nope, they couldn't have been THAT oblivious to the duplicates that THEY were composing!

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I would've maybe liked Ratchet to run a quick medical scan over Prime's body (one as quick as the trans-scanning beam) and then sadly look to Ironhide and shake his head. Then Ironhide could react, maybe bury his face in his hands, fall to his knees or punch an army truck or something. Maybe six seconds of animation altogether but a nice little 'bit' for both Ratchet and Ironhide without a word spoken between them, and confirmation that Optimus is dead.

11. Khan-Gar

Khan-Gar Banned

:bay  Perfect.

12. Lbsammills51

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would think it was intentional as well...which would then make me wonder 'okay, was it intentional in that the writers and/or Bay wanted it that way, implying the Decepticon army consists of drones/duplicates/similar looking robots or was it a cost and/or time-saving move to get everything finished by relying on already completed design models rather than having to go to the trouble of setting up more designs that'll have to be animated?'

I'm just curious, since it is so glaring (and could be magnified even by the general audience who aren't as familiar with the characters as they were...Grindor wasn't even called Grindor during the film, in order to establish he was not Blackout) so I was hoping they'd at least say 'that was planned' or 'we were running out of time' or something of that sort.

13. Khan-Gar

Khan-Gar Banned

Grindor was confirmed to be the Blackout-bot this time around by Hasbro... though, you're right, no one in the general audience cares besides "Oh, that helicopter robot, ooh, he just got his head torn up."

14. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    No shit, man. Hes the alpha....and the omega.....

Lol couldn't resist it.

15. Khan-Gar

Khan-Gar Banned

:lolol 

I dunno, for the whole about 1-year period up to the movie, I was on the writer's side. They were like the truthful informants to us here on TFW. After the film came out, my main complaints were NEST's (Ironhide, Lennox, Ratchet, Sideswipe, etc) lack of screentime and importance, the Twins hogging the show, Wheelie, all the vulgar humor my younger brother and sister had to sit through.

With Orci and Kurtzman gone, I don't know who to support anymore. =\

16. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Theres still Kruger. He gave us Starscream's epic line at the end of the movie. That is a hint that if Bay stays out of the writers way Kruger will be able to write up one hell of a story.

17. NothingHead

NothingHead Well-Known Member

See, this I don't get. You can't confirm a death when Chromia is clearly alive and functional onscreen when she's last seen. Even if the intent was depict her dying, the production team spent what I'm sure was weeks animating and finalizing a scene that depicts her surviving (in some form). It's the same with Barricade; if it didn't happen in the movie, it's not canon. These characters are just going to end up in continuity limbo..

18. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's not Chromia in the movie.

19. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still, it's 1/3 of Arcee. And last she was seen, she was functioning.

20. MoonRacer Prime

MoonRacer Prime Fembot fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really think that transformers would benefit greatly from Bays removal. What if they did this in another movie? Say something like the justice league?
    Bay: I don`t like Wonder Woman so I killed her.