DVD 2 PSP: Need some suggestions!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by kronos, Jan 28, 2008.

1. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    I need a free software that will convert DVD to PSP format. I would like to keep it as one contained program. But if I need 2 thats cool. But the only condition is that it must be free! Thanks!

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    PSP Video 9. I can't 100 % verify this, but I remember going straight from VOB to MP4, but I never actually moved the movie to my PSP, I just tested it to see if it worked.

When I go home tonight I'll check what that other software I have that definitely rips straight from DVD. It was free, and I'll send you the link.

3. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Are we talking virgin 1.5 firmware or something more recent? For recent firmwares, just use any 'dvd to ipod' software.

Otherwise, go with a dvd ripper followed by PSP Video 9. It's been a part of the homebrew scene since before there WAS a homebrew scene.

4. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    good call. I actually just came across video 9. I will definatly give it a shot.

And I have the latest official firmware. In general when going from DVD to PSP is the video quality good?

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yes and you can select your quality with PSP Video 9. I just bought a Sony Walkman MP3 player and since the screen is smaller I go with the 320/240 setup, but I think Video 9 actually lets you go a lot higher now, for some DVD quality video. Also if you use the AVC codec (which is what UMDs use) you can get some excellent quality for the PSP screen.