Durability of Optimus Prime ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ComicGuy89, Nov 10, 2009.

1. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm sorry if this has been posted before or if it's not appropriate, but I'm a bit concerned about the durability of my Prime.

While I've had him for two weeks and he has been a blast, I've noticed some stress marks, especially on his forearm panels. This is probably due to the difficult transformation at the arm area into the front hood of the truck (as anyone with a Prime would know).

Do I have reason to be concerned? :(  I love my Prime a lot, and do not wish to see him broken...

2. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Not if your careful. While the transformation may be complex, there is no need to "force" anything. I've had mine since June and I have no issues.

3. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Good question...

I posted something like this about 3 months ago to find out from members that bought this if its worth getting and the conclusion I got was its more of a movie-accurate dispay piece than a playable toy so I'll stick to the TFTM version Optimus Prime.It might be a little bulkier,but its a lot more durable.

4. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    mine fell off the mantle in bot mode, landed on the fireplace and then to the hardwood den flooring,,,,,,,,all he said was, " i am optimus prime....."
    hes still solid. nothing broke off or even became unhinged...i say hes solid

5. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I guess he's rather solid, haha. Very well built actually, with a lot of ratcheting joints (my favorite). I'll take thenatureboywoo's advice and transform him more carefully instead of beating the time record.

Hopefully if I do break him, they'll release some sort of Premium version...

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    for me he is a display piece as his transformation is too complex to play around with but that said he seems quite durable