Customs: Dupli color finish system, have you tried it?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by convoymagnus, Jun 2, 2011.

1. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    So, I swore I would never ever customize again, I mainly collect g1 and diaclone and most of my diaclone cars are reissues. But the way things are going every time I try to buy a diaclone car it's just too expensive and so, here I go again customizing bots. Made a blue bluestreak , a marlboor lancia and a blue hoist , using a blue diakron trailbeaker. All of the aforementioned used krylon and auto paint from a spray can, however somewhere some how scratches have been unavoidable.

I hate paint that scratches when you transform a figure, and back in brazil I used to paint with duco that dries fast and adheres to abs like factory paint, but here in the USA I could not find anything like duco (except paints that are $100.00 a quart) but last week I found out about duplicolor finish system, a fast drying lacquer, price is around 22.00 a can, it can be airbrushed And can be reduced with acetone(what makes it adhere even better to plastic) Here some info:

http://paintshopcustomcolor.com/public/psBrochure.pdf

My question is, have you, anyone here ,tried it before? It is working great with my yellow trailbreaker and red hoist but would like to know if someone else has used it and your results with it, also for those who did not know about it let them know is great on plastic.

2. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    i have used their rattle can paints on automotive applications and worked quite well but i dont know if i didnt give it enough cure time or what but on a car i did when it gets really hot outside(90+) the paint can become tacky and stick to anything it connects to.

but i was 18 then (28 now) it may have been my process as opposed to actual product