2D Artwork: Duobot Flighttreads.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Ezilla82, May 2, 2011.

1. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Alright after a very, very long time I finally got him done. Here is the last of my Duobots, Flighttreads.

Name: Flighttreads
    Faction: Autobot
    Subgroup: Duobot
    Function: Heavy Duty Soldier

Bio. Created by Ericon Maximus with the aid of Raven-XL7. Flighttreads is a pure soldier through and through. He'll listen to orders to the tee, but sometimes when things get dire. He has no problem to improvise on the battlefield with ease and thanks to the spark separating technology he can give his comrades both air and ground support when needed. And in bot mode his war shield can withstand point blank range and heavy fire, and his rifle can fire rounds that can pierce through any know substance with pin point accuracy with a single shot. Finally like his brethren, Skyracer, he is part of the Wreckers Elite.
    Also Flighttreads has a deeply hated rivarly with Duocon, Battletrap.

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

nice. could use just a bit of darker color on what to break it up a bit but love the concept.

3. Ezilla82

Yeah I see it well the reason is that I bought so many color pencils and I have like four of five of the same color, but the hues are either lighter or darker than original so that kinda sucks. Still thanks for digging the concept.

4. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Looks good!

5. Ezilla82

Thank you.

6. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks pretty nice, but I would break all the golden colors by giving the bot more depth, highlights and shadows in all the usual areas. He needs to "stand out" from the landscape, which is nice too!! :thumb 

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Sounds like you need something like this:

[​IMG]

Seriously, if tools are only holding you back, save up some money and get a monster set of pencils. Shop around for some deals as well :wink:  I still have my set from art class in high school (purchased in 1996, I believe). There are a few pencils I need to replace, but overall, it's still serving me well. I paid a discount price for mine, but it was still pretty hefty for something like pencils (less than $100, but I'm thinking it was around $80 or something).

As far as techniques go, just Google "colored pencil techniques" and pull up your chair. :) 

Attached Files:

8. Ezilla82

OOHH!!! That is cool. The color pencils are from Crayola and they were in the case of 50 and bought like 4 or 5 because I was running out of black or any other color, but I manage. You know I know the techiniques, but somehow I just want to get it done and out of the way. Its how my brain works. Still I look at it, thanks SQ7.