Dungeons and Dragons!?!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDemonDzko, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This.... Honestly, I'd rather reveal that I play a game based on fictional reading and literature (if you consider the tolkien interest) than reveal that I frequent Toy's R Us biweekly to see what new toys are out.

D&D is fun, until you start jumping off buildings and trying to kill people for reals.

I was moving to a new place last week and stumbled up 20-year-old maps that me and my friends drew for our DND game. That was a fucking awesome find. I even saw the place where I got his Hawk Familiar killed. He was so upset at me for that, lol.

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    D&D is rad.

I kinda wish my friends were into it.

3. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I know the feeling, it's been far too long since I played D&D...all my old dice and crap do nothing but gather dust nowadays.

Though to be fair I barely understood all the "rules" and generally made up most of them myself as I went along. But that's part of the fun of D&D, just about every rule is made to be broken.

With this many D&Ders on the site, I'm surprised there's not a group of us playing or something :lol 

4. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

I miss playing 4e myself. I play a modified 3.5 game on OpenRPG a couple times a month or more, depending on schedules. Still, I prefer the way 4e is set up.

5. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    BotCon 2010 D&D gaming setup then? :D 

You'll see me there in the parking lot hanging by a van that looks like this:[​IMG]

6. Metal Soldier

Metal Soldier The Robot

DON"T GET IN THE VAN! Its a trap!

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Oh shit, are you gonna listen to Rush on the entire drive there?

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Rush?

I'm in.

9. Wolfguard

Wolfguard Your own personal Jesus.

Seriously? Dude, if you're that bugged over something so trivial, then you might want to ask yourself if you're ready to have a girlfriend in the 1st place.

:sly2: 

10. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Honestly? I'm never going back. Every game is much improved both in mechanics and setting details (no more metaplot, ever) and some games that railroaded you or were almost unplayable (like Werewolf and Changeling) are now awesome.

Go, look it up. It allows for more flexibility of character type with fewer base choices, somehow.

That is cool. How much "free candy" can you fit in there? Is it soundproofed okay?

- Coeloptera

11. Crazymadman

Crazymadman Dewbot leader

So let me get this: You're a grown man who collects toys all the time, you then get a new girlfriend, you find out she plays Dungeons & Dragons, and you think she's a geek?

wut

12. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    The system is a bit tighter, but the story, at least at the beginning, is the same. I used to do RPG reviews and was in pretty tightly with the WW folks so I got an advance copy of the initial books, went to the VIP party (I was at Gen Con that year), and have been a fan of WoD for many years. That said, I stick with the old setting and many of the old clans. The new stuff, for being "wildly different," is pretty much the same.

13. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I disagree. The Sabbat/Camarilla dynamic has been totally subsumed into the 5 Covenant structure with outliers like VII and Belial's Brood taking up the role of "psycho killers". I think the Covenant structure allows for a lot more diversity of motivation and inter-group action even among a coterie since political and personal goals are not always automatically antagonistic between groups. Sabbat versus Camarilla is "built" to always degenerate into a fight or conversion. The Covenants aren't structured that way and can coexist, work antagonistically, or cooperate as they need or desire.

My RL game has 3 vamps all of the same clan (Daeva), but because they are from 3 different Covenants, they are utterly different types of characters, from the Lancea Sanctum "paladin" to the Invictus private (and court) investigator, to the Cicrtle of the Crone warlock and ritualist.

I'm also not sure I understand the "story" you're talking about. There is no metaplot. No Caine, no Antedeluvians, no Generations, none of it.

I think you're selling the improvements short a bit.

- Coeloptera

14. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko Some Internet Guy

There is in no way shape or form I am a "grown man". I am only 17 bro.

And, guys honestly. I have this feeling that I didn't word it right, when I posted.

In short it was: My girlfriend secretly wanted to start playing DnD (Thought she already did, my bad.) And so our friends wanted to go out and play, she wanted to know if I wanted to play or not. That is it, this has gone way out of porportion...

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If that's how minor it was to you, then the person who blew it out of proportion in the beginning was you.

If you're all just getting started in the game, you should go out and buy some dice for yourselves. Its helpful to have enough enough that you don't have to share all the time, and also convenient if everyone gets their own set, at least for dice they end up using a lot.

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Also, some places let you pick and choose your dice so you can get some bad ass colors.

17. Human Beastbox

News Credits:

I'm only half joking.
    But my 8-track is on the fritz--so, alas, NO RUSH.

18. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Brother, a girlfriend that wants to play an RPG=KEEPER.

You'll know what I mean when you get older and start dating older women. Most dates I could only ever hope that they bring up something like an RPG during a conversation. :D 

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    RUSH has a song called Rivendell :lol 

20. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    That is so awesome.:rock 

Love it!