Dungeon Defenders

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by SAF7, Mar 16, 2012.

1. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Noticed that this game doesn't have a thread yet. I decided to try it out, and it's quite a bit of fun! If you want to try this tower defense/action RPG out, there is currently a free weekend going on for it in Steam, and it, as well as most of its DLC, are half off during until the 19th if you decide that you like it. Plus, getting it on Steam also gets you a Portal gun and 4 TF2 "pets"!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the link. I blame the fact that I stayed up pretty much all night playing this without even noticing :lol .

http://store.steampowered.com/app/65800/

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was just thinking about this on the drive home today. I tried the game out a week or two ago (grabbed it on a Steam sale over the holidays) and it seems pretty cool. The only catch is it seems to be balanced the same way Magicka is- intended for multiple players, so single player is really damn tough.

Anyone have other experiences? I may well just be a nub at the game, but dealing with some flyers in the third or so level just wiped me out.

3. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better than I've managed thus far. I was expecting that ogre to be tough, but dear lord that thing has a lot of hit points. At this point (until I can try out multiplayer), I'm tackling the game like I do the Elite 4- keep going at it, gaining EXP as you go, until you're strong enough to beat it.

Still a lot of fun, though.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just beat Dead Space 2 today so maybe I'll swing back and give it another shot this week. It definitely seems like more an 'upgrade the tower' style game rather 'build a lot.'