dumb optimus primal question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by katch26, Dec 17, 2009.

1. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    how do you tell them apart? I only have one so my experience with them is very limited. I see some have a face mask some have the lips some are 8" the others are 6. I need to basically find a junker to complete the one I got but I cant tell the difference.

2. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
  3. katch26

Ebay:
    yeah I got that far but its a 2d pic and doesnt list height. Mine looks like this
    Optimus Primal (2006) - Maximal - www.tfu.info
    but he's marked 1996 and I guess the ultra class....whatever he is its hard as a mofo to find parts for

4. Alung

Alung Lazybot

News Credits:
    All the Optimus Primal molds are the same height as far as I know.

The smaller ones are from the Robot Masters line.

5. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im assuming that's the anniversary Optimus Primal that was released as the 2 pack with megs.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Beast Wars Takara Telemocha/10th Anniversary mold (I forget what it's technically called) that I picked up first is shorter than the Ultra class mold (it's Deluxe class in size), does not have a face plate (it has the lips) and doesn't have the mace, spring-loaded left-hand cannon or mutant mask that the Ultra has either. The Ultra class is the loaded one, the deluxe class is still nifty but noticeably smaller and will not have a faceplate (the Ultra 'reissue' or however I classified that I picked up is the Takara Telemocha DX Ultra version; both came with DVDs however). I forget which version the deluxe class relates to when it comes to Hasbro releases since I don't have any of the Hasbro versions. Sorry I don't have pics handy of the two I have otherwise I'd post some to display the size and head mold differences.

7. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am guessing yours is the original Primal, from 1996.

8. katch26

Ebay:
    alright well thanks for all the help.....it turns out it is the one from 06 just copyrighted as 1996(5) (so small). I guess the 5 dollars I paid for it was still a good price considering its missing everything but not worth the money/ time tracking down parts for it. I guess Ill just pick up another, it is pretty cool Prime for a beast wars toy.