Duck Tales (2017 Reboot)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Zathras, Feb 25, 2015.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I enjoyed it, though I do think the second half was better than the first. I liked the little easter eggs and references.

I do sort of miss Duckworth, though. It's a bit odd that Launchpad was a chauffeur first, and had to tell everyone he was a pilot... his name is Launchpad not Driveway...

• Like Like x 3
  2. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When scrooge is at the meeting at the start one of the towns they talk about is the town from goof troop! All the stuff from the "trophy room" is from the comics or 80s series! (that lamp is from the movie and the golden sun coin is from the 80s pilot.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I could barely understand Donald Duck, but other than that i'm all in.

4. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

Finally a reboot of a franchise that WORKED.

• Like Like x 3
  5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scrooge's accountants namedrop Spoonerville (Goof Troop) and St. Canard (Darkwing Duck). Dewey namedrops Cape Suzette (Tailspin) earlier in the episode.

6. Dead Metal

Dead Metal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This show is awesome, it's off to a strong start and so far I enjoy the character reinterpretations a whole lot. Glomduck was just amazing XD

7. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

Thundercats did really well.

• Like Like x 3
  8. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Sad Derpfester Noises

News Credits:
    Ya had to open up that old wound didn't you.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Venixion

News Credits:

I liked the new Thundercats, it stayed true to the spirit of the original while fleshing out the story and motives. It's a shame that any decent toons are constantly canned for low brow humor crap these days.

But I digress, if Duck Tales does well, we may see other decent reboots like Tale Spin and Rescue Rangers.

@redwolfbear Marsupilami, Gargoyles. Ugh, I did not like Bonkers.

@ABH1979 They look great! I'd love to get Baloo, Gadget, Kit Cloudkicker, Chip, Dale and Magica DeSpell.

We need a Gizmo Duck in this line up oh and a Don Carnage too!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Thundercats was canned because the toys didn't sell well.

11. Venixion

News Credits:

Still a damn shame.

• Like Like x 1
  12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I saw the pilot on YouTube. At this point, I can say the show looks nicely updated and should go down well with today's generations.

It's a mix of old and new that satisfies/attracts fans of the old show (and the Carl Barks comics) and newcomers. In fact this has a load of influence from the comics, with Donald having a major role and Scrooge being a little more antagonistic towards his family.

I enjoyed the Disney easter eggs/homages, a few I got and a few I had to do research on.

The kids are all right; I expected them to be somewhat bratty, but thankfully I was wrong. They've got enough character to stand out and be distinct and appealing.

Launchpad doesn't sound the same and I'm disappointed by that; Terence McGovern made him sound like an idiot hero, noble if klutzy. The new voice, Beck Bennett, makes him sound just dense.

Looking to see more from Mrs Beakley and Glomgold. I hope they show Glomgold's history with McDuck to explain how he became a rival (like in the comics).

I really hope Magica DeSpell will appear in the future.

That secret with Della Duck, that's something that'll probably come up later in the show, and it's one of the major differences from the 87 show; the generation nowadays needs something to expect in the future that will keep them invested. This angle, looks to be something really special, and is an excellent choice. I wonder what it'll be all about. But I think it'll be a great "Gravity Falls"-level secret.

So far, ducktacular! Woo-hoo!

• Like Like x 1
  13. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Good thinking! Gizmo Duck is a must (like Launchpad, he has a connection to both DuckTales and Darkwing). Expanding to some baddies would also be great -- besides Don Carnage, I'd love to see Shere Khan, Glomgold, and at least one Beagle Boy.

They still need to make a Magica too -- the character in the toy line-up is Morgana Macawber from Darkwing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He-man 2002 and turtles 2002 was really good also.

Gizmo duck and magica are both confirmed however magica won't show up till later in the series.

• Like Like x 2
  15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:

Just a theory, but something curious still.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Venixion

News Credits:

I confess I didn't watch DWD all that often, as it was not one of my favorites. So I thought that was Magica's new show design.=*_*=

• Like Like x 1
  17. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Sorry for the confusion -- we were actually talking about the Funko Mystery Minis figures...

heh, it's fine -- when you mentioned Magica, I had to go back and double-check to see if she was in the pic or not.

But anyway, since they totally skipped over the villains this time around, they could conceivably do another case assortment/wave that's nothing but the baddies! That would be awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  18. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Well that was a Fun Premiere.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

For potential accuracy... What's the big secret? Della appears to be Scrooge's original Pilot, something unknown and possibly life threatening happened to her, presumably after the boys were born. Donald was horrified and enraged, became overprotective to the extreme towards the boys until circumstances forced him to interact once more with Scrooge in the pilot. As far as mysteries go it is way more predictable and obvious to glean some of the circumstances surrounding it compared to the stuff in Gravity Falls. The only thing we genre savvy folks don't know is what precisely happened and watching that unfold should be interesting.

Can we get a Daisy and her nieces episode please and thank you.

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Well with that character what happened to them and their husband has never been addressed, there have been hints and speculation, but not in the comic nor in the animated series have they revealed why they are gone. I'm sure some of your speculations are close. But likely there is more to it. But this is a mystery that has never been addressed and goes all the way back to some of the original Disney cartoons. Though in those versions the character never went on adventures.
    Early theories and hints in the comics were Huey,Dewy and Louie were so uncontrollable and mischevious the parents dumped them on Donald. Then later it was hinted Della passed away. Much was unknown about the father, and for years they wouldn't even show his face. But a hint in one of the comics was the boys lit a firecracker(or several) under his seat and he just left. Again this may have changed with different writers over the years. But Disney has never addressed what happened to the nephews parents.
    The closest we ever got was this skit on robot chicken

But that is not likely what actually happened

• Like Like x 2