Dual Model kit wishful thinking

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by vektsilver, Jul 4, 2011.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

I am an avid model kit person got a lot of gundam perfect grade and just bought the Optimus Dual model kit. Since they showed the first "finished" render design of movie optimus I wanted a perfect grade model version which essentially we have in the dual kits.

Now this being a new line they may never make another unless it does well but if they did what would you folks want as the next. I was not a fan of the BB kit it looked really inaccurate but small kits of better quality would be cool too.

Personally I would like a Sentinel or Megs kit.

2. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Do we have to keep to the movie designs?

3. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I just hope they'll continue it. This feels like one of those things where they'd only go with Bee and OP and never bother to do anything else with. Which would be a real shame, considering how excellent Prime is.

4. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    DMK Movie Megs please. With chains, cloak, rusty paint apps, and a giant ass boomstick. Hatchlings and Igor are optional (but awesome). I don't have a movie Megs at all but if they released a DMK of him, he'd definitely be my first and probably the ultimate version of him since the previous Leader size incarnations of him have been crap so far.

5. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Personally, I've never been satisfied by the robot mode of any version of Bayverse Sideswipe. Model kit of him would be cool.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I want a Shockwave more than anything else. I'm not going for the Voyager version anymore because
    A. He had barely any screentime in the movie, B. He never transformed, so there's no point of buying a transforming toy, and C. His Voyager robot mode is actually pretty inaccurate looking compared to his movie render, and too tiny to display properly with other higher scale movie figs

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I'd love a Megatron and Shockwave. Starscream... not as much, because his design doesn't translate well to dynamic poses and would be rather boring as a model kit. Sideswipe and Sentinel would be very nice, as well.

8. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Actually, I'd love to see a DMK Starscream too, but the problem is it's hard to top the Leader/Masterpiece mold (the definitive Starscream thus far). Barring the top-heaviness of the mold, you can get some decent poses out of him.

Without the need for transformation engineering or light and sound gimmicks (and the top-heaviness of materials to improve balance and weight distribution), why not a DMK Starscream that's more faithful to his onscreen counterpart?

Throw in a more accurate sculpt in the chest and cockpit area (one part of the Leader/MP figure they had to compromise for the sake of transformation) and articulated hands (wrist swivels and fingers), not to mention rear booster/thruster engines and a more complete null ray cannon (with rotating fins and free-spinning buzzsaw attachment) - all of that would be boss, I think!

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    So many of the movie-verse toys have robot modes that fail to capture their on-screen equivalent properly...that the potential list is a long one.

10. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

absolutely not heh.

I like some of the movie designs but Id love to see some old school G1 redone in high detailed models. Of course before someone says it they would of course be updated to have a more complex look than solid edges where the panels form boxes.

I would equate it to the perfect grade models of a zaku or the first gundam rx-78 maybe not look as simple as those do but definately keep the inner workings going.

I would say if they incorporated some gimmicks unique to each one that would be really cool. Or even add lighting to the things for a spark chamber eyes etc etc.

You know as much as I hated movie devastator and he really should of been named somethign else like ..... Voltron. I would be interested in seeing him done in a detailed model since we never even got close to a good version of him.

11. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    DOTM Megatron, Shockwave, Soundwave and Starscream. Also, Laserbeak and Brains. Movie Brawl and Barricade would be pretty awesome too.

I know, most of these would never, ever happen, but that's my wish list for you.