DS Transformers games

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Malancthon, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaijin

Anybody like the DS Transformers games?

The first movie game for the DS was pretty good, with the scanning 30 or so vehicles, the create-a-bot/con, kind of interesting story
    I loved how the create-a-bot/con dies at the end
    , and the GTA-esque sandbox gamepla was fun to cruise around as a Transformer and randomly attack stuff.

The second movie game was not as much fun.

Didn't play Animated or the third movie game.

WFC was pretty good, having encapsulated the main game into a DS with most of the other side available, whichever version you got, and the character selection makes it more fun than the console version for me.

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I love the first movie game.

DOTM, too, though not as much.

3. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I agree, the first movie game was awesome! The second one was good for what it was; a game with transforming robots. I still enjoy it, even if it is a bit repetitive.
    The only other game on DS I've played is War for Cybertron (both versions) and I love those! Multiplayer with my cousin and brother is especially fun! :D 

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I only have TF1 and ROTF. They're both very fun. I think I like TF1 best because it's less restricting. Open World, tons of vehicles to scan and switch to between missions, characters playable for free roam.

I sometimes wonder how good TF DS games could be by now if they kept getting the first people to do them. WFC may be better (IDK I haven't played on DS) but imagine if they had all this time to keep improving on the first. ROTF and DOTM would be really awesome games.

5. bumblebee22

bumblebee22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the first game was the best one ROTF was alright and i never played DOTM or WFC

i wish we could get more tranformer games like the first , scanning vehicles really made you feel like you were actually a transformer and the open world was awesome

6. Thunderjet

Thunderjet Well-Known Member

WFC is my favorite! I got both versions!

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The first one is the best. Liked the stories in each one. The 'Bots were legitimate characters (bar Ratchet and Blackout). Brawl was a childish (and hilarious) brute. Ironhide was the old veteran as usual, but here he chews out Optimus. Barricade knows what the true meaning of being a Decepticon is, and teaches it to Create-A-Con - loyalty to Megatron. Megatron had Welker at his finest (besides TFP), and kicked the asses of everyone near him. Starscream was really at his finest here, and I still hear Daniel Ross' voice when I imagine Starscream talking.

Some of the missions were really cool; like Blackout giving Barricade an air lift (with Barricade hanging on in robot mode!), Ratchet Vs Blackout, Prime Vs Brawl, and Megatron Vs Starscream. Also - the melee was very welcome compared to the mostly shoot em up approach of all the other games. It was very cool to have Optimus be able to swat back Barricade with one combo, Blackout detaching his rotors into blades, and Starscream taking off his wings and using them as swords. Loving it.

The multiplayer maps were cool; especially the one on Cybertron and at the docks. Loved the open world, and the fact that there were always generic cops and Autobots/Decepticons to fight.

War for Cybertron on the DS is the tie for first place. Loads of unlockable characters, each different and unique; very cool environments (particularly the asteroid field around Trypticon space station, and Kaon prison), and the final boss fights were epic. You actually FIGHT Omega and Trypticon by bashing them around, not shoot some weak spot.

ROTF kinda sucked, but it was still a bit fun. I haven't played the DOTM game.

8. soundwaverulls

This so much! I new I was forgetting something. The awesome story. And considering Starscream in TFP is starting to seem not so great, the first movie tie in DS games has the best Starscream. And the Megatron in them was magnificent. Frank Welker was great too.

All your other points were good too. I never got the WFC game though, so IDK about that. I actually bought my PS3 just to play WFC.

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    This x1000! TF1 and WFC were pretty awesome games

Yeah,I sometimes wonder about this too.Maybe ROTF was going to be even better than the first one.And DOTM...sigh I still don't get why Activision thought Behaviour Intereactive would do a better job than Vicarious Visions.They made three Transformers games,they knew what to do to make it work (even if ROTF isn't on par with TF1 and WFC ,it still beats the crap out of DOTM )
    If another movie is made, I want the crew that made TF1 to return for TF4 game.Heck,I wouldn't mind them making TF: Prime game

10. soundwaverulls

Wait, Vicarious Visions made all the first three?! They were so different.

11. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    I loved the first movie game, ROTF was alright, only played DOTM's first level as a Decepticon, it felt... Good somehow, and WFC was SICK! We had pretty much every important character in the TF universe, and the DINOBOTS! FTW