DS Haul

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mike, May 14, 2006.

1. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    I picked up a Nintendo DS ths week and some games, man its awesome :D  I've never played one till now, but that New Super Mario Bros. coming out sold me :D  I watched a video of that game the other day from a thread on here, and man, it looks so much fun, I went out and bout a DS and a few games to tide me over till New Super Mario comes out, I think on monday? the 15th? not sure, but im getting it when ever I see it in stores :) 

Anyways, the DS is so awesome, I love the little touchy pad!! Mertroid is diffult to play a bit, ya kinda have to set the thing on your leg to be able to play well, and its hard to hang on to with one hand while trying to manuever with the game pad and look around with the stick, but It's starting to come natural already after only a few hours of playing the game.

Mario Kart is soooooooo aweome, best mario kart game EVER. It stears normal just like the first one for SNES, oh I hated all that over steer the other games had. BUt this one has a bunch of levels from the SNES, N64, GBA, and gamecube!! that's even sweeter, It was cool to play the original levels in real 3D graphics :) 

mario 64 DS is neat too, as long as you stay away from using the touchy pad. I Just use the D pad, and hold the run button the whole time, it works fine. I always loved mario 64, its neat I can play it again with more stuff to do in the game.

but ooo I can't wait for new super mario to come out, that's gonna be really fun.

oh yeah, I named my dog in nintendog fucker, but my girlfriend didn;t like that, cuz she would play too and had to keep swearing, so I deleted my dog and she started a new one :p 

but yep yep. I should have bought one of these sooner :D 

[​IMG]

Now I Just need to find some people to play mario kart with online :D  I got that working, but when I searched regional or worldwide in the game for other players, it didn't come up with anything.

p.s. NFS most wanted sucks, I wish I read reviews before buying it lol oh well

2. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Nice haul, and some cool games (most of which I'll need to purchase in the near future). Although, I am surprised you didn't hold out for the DS Lite release, considering it's not that far off.

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Hey, cool, someone else that just bought a DS and has fallen in love with it!

I agree, the new Mario Kart is a work to behold...I NEVER thought it would be so fun to play Mario Kart again!

And, as for Metroid, I'm in the process of trying to find a used one for sale. If for nothing else than the multiplayer.

4. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    i got it now cuz I really want to play that New Super Mario Bros when it comes out :D 

plus this one came with nintendogs, so that's a bonus, it was only 10 dollars more then the regular DS.

and im not really worried about the thing being 20% smaller, its all the same to me really, as long as it plays games :) 

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    The benefit to having waited so long is now you get access to all those good games right away. The rest of us had to wait what seemed like years between them. :) 

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    well, the lite has a much improved screen, thats actually brighter and clearer than the PSP's. of course, you can always do a trade-in later to get one.