drugstore transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jerryitus, Jun 4, 2010.

1. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I caved in and paid $18+tax for an animated black arachnia at Rite-Aid last week (b/c it was there and I had some money). What is the worst you've ever ripped yourself off at retail just to have the toy at that specific moment. I'll hang up and listen :popcorn 

2. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    umm probably £13 for chromia . piece of sh**

3. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    $25@ for Animated Arcee x2 from ebay. I really want her and I don't expect the TRUs in my country to be bringing her or Cybertron Ratchet in.

4. axiom

axiom What the what?!?! Moderator

News Credits:
    Yeah I ended up doing the same with a Waspinator at Rite-Aid. I never picked it up at retail because it was last on my list. Then when I got tot he bottom of the list Waspinator was nowhere to be found but at a Rite-Aid near my house. $18 later I had a toy I really didn't even want but needed to complete my Animated collection.

5. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    I found an ROTF Ransack at a Walgreens a week or two before street date. He was ten bucks and I thought "what the hell?" and laid down the cash.

6. JazzEd

JazzEd Truckasaurus!

Drugstore are the worst, there's still is a Classics Sideswipe at a local Walgreens priced at $18.99! As for me, a legends Beachcomber for $10 from, you guessed it, Walgreens! Yeoch, what was I thinking!

7. Deceptichage

Deceptichage Decepticon Land Pirate

News Credits:
    I did buy a couple of GI Joe variants this year at Walgreens for $10.99 each. I was fine paying the higher markup over eBay. I did drive 70 miles one way to buy the first set of ROTF deluxes at Fred Meyer for $12.99 each. It's a retail store but toys are almost a dollar more than MSRP. This was a week or two before the release date. There were no other Transformers around and I had to have my fix. Now I still see some of the first waves and stores can't get rid of them even with their 50% sales.

8. Biotoakid

Biotoakid I've never been wrong

News Credits:
    $13 for Scout rotf Breakdown

9. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

Thats how I felt when I bought my waspinator. I have him for completion sake, but I still don't like him.

10. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I was at a wal-mart and found a Universe Hardhead on clearance, so I got it for $10 less than the usual Ultra price. A few weeks later, I went back there and saw Universe Skyfall in a beat up box, the last Universe figure in the store, seemingly unlikely to be bought. I went ahead and bought it, but at this point, the Universe figures weren't clearanced anymore. So, I got it for normal Ultra price, but considering I got another Ultra for less at the same store, I guess it could be considered ripping myself off.

11. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I've seen various legends class figures at my Walgreens that cost more than some Deluxes I've seen at Target!

12. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I really wanted to pick up that Universe 2.0 Warriors from Three Worlds set from Rite-Aid, but it cost $30+. Prices are always jacked up at pharmacies and mall department stores, which is why I never buy from them. They do have some cool looking KOs from time to time, though.

13. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    sux to be a completionist
    just kidding

On topic Micromasters $4.99 each, Six train/wing/build a few years ago at CVS/Walgreens.

14. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    for me, was paying 60 bucks for energon grimlock and swoop thinking they couldn't possibly be that bad.....

then I had them in my hands......I think I had them for a week when I sold them. At least I did get my money back for them.

15. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

$40-something for TF Club Nightbeat.... It hasn't even arrived yet and I realise that the mold is horrible...

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Thankfully I got him when the Club had him on a slight sale. As much as I appreciate Nightbeat as a character, I'm glad I didn't have to pay full price for that dreadful Energon mold.

17. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I saw a Movie 1 Jazz in a local grocery store once for $15+. Good f*cking luck selling that.

But I've never bought any drugstore TFs, almost bought a crappy Alternators KO once, but decided to buy a real TF for cheaper elsewhere.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    last year paying double shipping from hts for universe drag strip, overkill, inferno, and animated wreck gar (still ended up cheaper than cdn prices, but inferno and wreckgar finally came here on super clearance this year)

19. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Havent bought one, but I have been looking lately at them for a Red Rampage. To be honest, I would pay the $18 for it just to be done with the hunt for a while.

Strange thing, when touring Rite Aids, I did see one of the Universe Legends Brawn for $8.99 just last week. Even at the inflated price, I didn't think a figure like that would sit there for a year with how scarce those things were. I would not have passed if I didn't have it already.

20. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    i bought ice cream skids and mudflap at a CVS for 15.00$