DR's Version of "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen"- The Decepticon's Message

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Jan 4, 2010.

?

Who should deliver the Decepticon's Message?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2010.
  1. Megatron

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  2. Soundwave

18 vote(s)
    38.3%
  3. The Fallen

13 vote(s)
    27.7%
  1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    I've been wanting to do my own edit of ROTF for a while now (similar to what TylerMirage is doing), but I've been waiting for a time where I could actually do it. Time to get started.

Anyway, I need the opinions of the fandom for a bit of this. This won't be the only thread of its kind.

My question here is: Who is best served to deliver the Decepticon's Message to Earth? After the Fallen's Arrival, it is the Fallen himself who delivers the message in the film. I have three different options here:

1. Megatron- This would go similar to how it was in the film, just with Megatron instead of the Fallen

2. Soundwave- Soundwave delivers the message of the Decepticons from space

3. The Fallen- Due to some other changes in my fan-script, The Fallen will not be on Earth to deliver the message (but he still could deliver it pretty much the same way he did in the film)

Thanks very much for any opinions/input you have on this!

2. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    I like the idea of Soundwave, as he's the hacker/communications agent for the Cons. Although his one try at contacting humans didn't go too well, so maybe he's not a good choice. :lol 

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fallen was fine - why would you cut Tony Todd's dialogue?

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Good point. He had so little anyway.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it would have been cool if Megatron had ordered Soundwave to hack into all the human communication networks so Megatron could have delivered the message himself. That way you get a bit more interaction between Megatron and Soundwave.

Well okay and I happen to like the voice work done on Megatron a little bit better than I did the voice work on The Fallen. Not that The Fallen is bad, I just like the Megatron voice better.

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

The Fallen. I doubt that Megatron could pull off communicating to the humans in the same manner as The Fallen.

7. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I personally like it the way that The Fallen delivers it.

However, what would've been cool to see, and as many people have pointed out, was more interaction between Megatron and Soundwave.

Here's my idea: Just after the shot of Megatron flying into the Chrysler Building (or Empire State Building; I can't remember...) and transforming onto it, there could be a close-up of Megatron. He raises his arm and speaks into it (implying a comm. link). He orders, "Soundwave, open all frequencies!" Megatron looks skyward. Then they show Soundwave floating in space. He glances down to earth and replies, "As you command, Megatron." He swivels his satellites (implying that he is hacking into more communication channels). Then the scene continues with Megatron snapping the antennae off and having the electrical energy surge to the top of the building and having The Fallen's face appear on the jumbo screens, etc.

Just my thoughts.

8. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I like this idea!

9. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah it would have been better to have Megatron, but I think that's the least of the film's problems.

10. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Maybe starscream as well. Charlie adler's way of voicing starscream is fucking epic. And we all know starscream is better at speaking then megs.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    surprisingly Soundwave is winning the votes here, but I say keep The Fallen.

12. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Because it was awful?

13. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    Here's my issue with it:

The Fallen (in m fan-script) has more dialogue, so cutting out the Decepticon's Message wouldn't be too big of a loss. BUT, The Fallen is also a really good character to deliver it. He has a creepy-as-hell voice, and he also looks very nightmarish and alien. Perfect character to scare the humans shitless in the realization that aliens were out there. I mean, wouldn't seeing something like the Fallen be confirming your worst fears about life in space?

Soundwave could be good to deliver the message, because it's kinda his role as communications and intelligence. Having him deliver the message would give him more screen-time. However, I don't really feel that Soundwave is quite as terrifying and eerie as The Fallen is, and his voice isn't as scary as The Fallen's is either.

14. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Nah, I liked The Fallen's "Hand over the kid or you're dog meat!" delivery.

15. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hated The Fallens voice, go for Megatron.

How are you gonna be doing this by the way...?

16. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    I'm going to be doing it as kind of a little project. Mainly, I will write a script that is (in my opinion) an improved version of ROTF. It might be a little more "story-like" than a script should be, purely because I don't have the use of animatics to get my scenes across.
    Also, I will be doing sketches/art pieces of certain shots that I REALLY want to get across to people. In addition, there will be some robot changes to ROTF, so I will be drawing the robot modes of the robots and posting them, so people get what I'm talking about.

17. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

Sounds great! :) 

18. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

I say change it to Megatron, but use the idea that he orders Soundwave to project his message on all the television screens worldwide. I think it would make more sense, giving that it was Megatron who grabbed the antenna of the Empire State Building. If it had been the Fallen who did it, then I would say that he should deliver the message, but if the Fallen is not on Earth at this time, that makes it hard for him to do it.

By the way, how is this script going? Got something else from it we can discuss? :) 

19. DecepticonsRule

News Credits:
    It's going pretty good, thanks for asking.

After this poll is closed, I'll post another one. Right now I'm working on stuff that doesn't need to be changed involving robots (mostly Witwicky scenes).

20. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

Good to hear that. Can't wait to see some previews.

I've got to say, I would love to try something like what you're doing, but quite frankly, I'm not really a story or script writer due to my lack of real writing skills. I'm more of an ideas guy, someone who sometimes has some ideas that really kick ass. Most of the time I need someone who takes my ideas and forms it into a complete whole.