Dropkick: My little story.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by SPLIT LIP, Nov 14, 2007.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Greetings!

I don't post fan fiction here often, in fact, I do so very, very rarely. However, I do have something to submit.

This is a little bibliography of sotrs of Dropkick, the movie deluxe figure based off the game model. I wrote this as a self writing exercise, and just finished it today, as such, the story will become clearer, more easier to read, and overall; better over time. Included throughout the story is my interprtation of how I beleive Cybertron was pre-Megatron, aswell as G1 nods where appropriate.

I will be adding it in five parts, as I wrote them in microsoft word, but rather then overwhelm any potential veiwers with the whole thing at once, I'll post it over the span of five days, peice by peice.

I will start it off in the next post after this, enjoy!

P.S.

Before you ask, no, Dropkick is not going to be emo. He will struggle, though. Also, this story is through his words, so I did my best to guess how a "Just a 'con 'cuz I feel like it" would see things.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Dropkick: Angry.

This planet stinks. At least, that‘s what I thought when I first came here. For those of you who don’t know, the stink-planet in question is Earth: the dirt capital of the universe.

My name is Dropkick, and this is my little time of reflection; a time where I recount episodes of my life to better understand it. My psychiatric analyser suggested this exercise, so, here we go.

I guess it all really started way back on Cybertron, right at the beginning of the war. There had always been tension among our race, back then the Decepticons were spoken in whisper. The higher political rulers and council hierarchs had fought hard to keep the concept of “evil Cybertronians” out of the public’s minds. Decepticon activity was becoming more and more apparent, but some still refused to believe they existed. Almost a laughable mentality now. For a while, the Decepticons sort of died down, like a fad that went out of style.

None of this really affected me anymore than everyone else, at first. No one knew exactly what was happening when it started. No one ever saw it coming.

I still remember what I was doing that very day it started. I think everyone remembers what they were doing. I was sitting in my chamber of Zen, trying to calm myself down. I remember the day before, I had gotten in a fight with a Constructicon. I had tripped over a metal fastener that had rolled down an incline onto the recreational walkways. Next thing I know, he’s on the ground, his faceplate dented on one side and his breast armour cracked open. He wasn’t seriously hurt, but he wasn’t fine by any means. To this day I still don’t remember who started it, but I sure as hell finished it. Anyway, that’s what had me in a foul mood. I was just sitting there, angry, just like I was the day before and the day before that. I was just sitting there, when I heard the screams.

Well, that’s a bit dramatic, it was more like shouting. I wasn’t scared, so I ran to the exit. Well, when I got outside, it was madness. Robots were fighting hand-to-hand, beating each other for no reason. Some of my neighbours were being pummelled on their own property. I only remember running over there and pushing the attackers off of them. That’s when I noticed the tattoo. They all had it, the attackers, all had the mark on them. We know that today as the Decepticon symbol, though I never made the connection until later.

So that was it, the big first strike. Nothing more than a street brawl, but back then, fighting was a big deal. It just, didn’t happen. So yeah, that was the official beginning of the war. A lot of Autobots relocated after that. In fact, it was pretty much me and a few others who lived there, in that little section off Iacon, for a while. Eventually I moved too, but not because of the fight, simply because I was tired of that city.

I moved to Cybertropolis, where new advances in space travel and exploration were being developed. Now before you get the wrong idea, I ain’t no space enthusiast, but I’m not like those hippies who think tampering with other worlds is “ruining the universe”, or that Protoforming is “un-natural“. Anyway, this is sort of veering off-track from my story. The point is, I was close to where Protoforming was invented.

Not much changed though, I still sat in my home, just being angry. Angry at pretty much everything. The simple life didn’t exist anymore. You couldn’t walk, drive or fly in the city anymore. Walkers had to constantly be on alert, lest Decepticon punks jump them and take them away. Thought you were safe in vehicle mode? Not a chance. Ground based travelers were either jacked or just swept off the roads by the Hummers.

Hummers, boy oh boy don’t get me started. You always heard them before you saw them. Giant flying Transformers that sweep up robots as they drive down city streets, or fly too low around towers. No one knew if there was hundreds of them or just one. Most who’ve seen one dare not speak of it. The hum of their engines was enough to break any Autobot’s spirit. Hummer’s were the “collectors” for the Decepticons. Think, conscription, only violent and discrete.

It was weird, no one knew of Megatron or Starscream or any big name Decepticons at that point. I was one of the “lucky” ones to get “chosen” by Starscream himself.

Yeah, that’s it…

…lucky.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    No replies and only 17 views? Bummer.:( 

Oh well, here's part two for any interested.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, lets get one thing straight: I am not afraid of anything, but I gotta say, being abducted by the Hummers and being herded like cyber-foxes was pretty unsettling, and left me shaken. Fighting back didn’t help, but I had to do something. There were others, like me. Big, tough looking, brave but among all things, confused and angry. Scratch that, we were all downright pissed. But no one dare raise finger nor claw to our captors. They were big, some were colossal. These weren’t the Decepticons that attacked my old street, those were punks, messed up kids looking to vent, but these giants. Well, lets just say, we cooperated. And that’s when we met him: Starscream, and his little sidekick buddy, Barricade.

Man, it’s tough looking back. But back then, in that weird place, I… we had no idea what had been happening. Starscream, I’ll never forget when I first heard his voice, soothing yet powerful, he commanded respect, standing upon that mound like he was all that. He addressed us personally, like a political figure giving a speech. He said: “My fellow Cybertronians, I bring sad news.” That confused us even more, like he was suddenly the good guy. Fellow Cybertronians, you know he’s bullshitting us right there. “Our planet is dying, our race divided, but I have an answer, to all the questions you undoubtedly have.” This better be good- I remember thinking. Funny I remember that so well. He, Starscream that is, stepped aside as two very large Decepticons held up a flag with the Decepticon symbol on it. All it needed was a little music and some free energon and we’d have an election.

I guess I can say it now: That dude had a real God complex issue. He thought he was the end all, be all. But back then, I was ready to believe him. I bet we all were. He gave us a choice: Fight for the Decepticons, or go back to Cybertron. He even showed us the way out. Not a tough choice, right? Like a stampede of wild mecha-trolls we flew out of there. Well, when we got outside, it was as if the inferno had broke loose. The sky was black, the planet was cracked, half molten, half charred. It was if the planet had the life sucked out of it. Cybertron had always been pretty barren past the city lines, but this was a dead world. How long were we out for that the planet could die so fast? What was doing this?

“This is what is left of our once thriving civilization.” He said, like he was genuinely upset. Yeah right. I love the little story he told us, about how the Autobots, the fiendish devils that they are, shot or planet’s heart, the Allspark, into space, killing our planet. At least now we know what had killed it. “I ask of you, a favour…” He said. “Come with us, join with us, and we will hunt down the traitorous Autobots who have doomed our planet.” That’s what got our attention. This was our planet, dammit, we want revenge! Though technically, we were all Autobots at that point, but the way he said it, like they were somehow, not like us. That is when I first heard Megatron’s name. He wasn’t there though, he left to pursue the Allspark, but the way they spoke of him, like he was this great and powerful emperor of destruction or something, it had us intrigued. Sounded pretty noble of him, too. Fighting for our planet.

The other robots around me, started muttering and talking amongst themselves, trying to gauge whether or not this Starscream guy was telling the truth, whether or not we could trust him. I’ll never forget what the robot who stood next to me said: “So, do you want to be a Decepticon?” I just stared at him and said: “Yes.” I really didn’t think about it much until later. I mean, this Megatron guy, he sounded like the herald of Primus himself. A roaring applause is what happened next, I remember ‘cause it caught me off-guard. Apparently Starscream said something very applause-worthy. I started cheering just because I didn’t want to look like a fool. It was something about unlimited power to be had or galactic conquest. It sounded good, I liked it. As long as it meant blowing stuff up.

The trials came next, the war trials that is. To truly test if we were worthy of being Decepticons. I really don’t like recalling it. It’s painful, remembering what we went through. The Decepticons… it’s not easy becoming a Decepticon. We saw and endured unspeakable atrocities. It was almost like the ultimate betrayal. Like buttering us up with all this talk of glory. First we start off being introduced and given a “choice” and we’re all happy happy joy joy. Then, it’s like we were being punished for something horrible we’ve never done. I can’t really talk about it much more, so I’ll just say: If I knew that’s what I had to go through to be a Decepticon…

…I would have never said yes.