Drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Switch625, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Did anybody catch the 2 hour pilot episode of Drive tonight? There's a pretty interesting cast of characters and Captain Mal (Nathan Fillion of Firefly & Serenity fame) and Fred/Illyria (Amy Acker of Angel & Alias) to boot.

I like the setup and the story so far. I like that the woman with the plastic baby found a way out of her elimination assignment other than killing the blond girl (I don't remember their names yet).

The only thing I didn't like was the car continuity. During the highway scenes, the cars all have the blackest tinted windows you've ever seen. Then when you have the close ups, the windows are crystal clear. I understand why they did it, but that's a little annoying.

Here's hoping Fox actually gives the show time to find it's audience. Too many networks are too eager to pull the plugs on shows like this.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, it was pretty good. I liked it.

3. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Thought it was pretty cool. Nice to see Nathan Fillion again, and I didn't realize that Amy Acker was going to be part of this show as well, totally had a crush on her when she was on Angel. I hope the show does well, it has a lot of potential.

4. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I liked it. Knowing Fox though, they'll cancel it as soon as it gets really good.

5. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

6. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

I caught the first 2 episodes last week. I have to download the 3rd episode since the Canadian channel that was broadcasting it last week dropped it since they didn't want to make room for it amongst the non-stop American Idol and Dancing with the Stars.

I hope it at least has an ending..

7. Switch625

Spoiler warning, just in case!

I knew it was a matter of time until the lead character (can't remember Nathan Fillion's character's name) got a new ride. I just hope they don't do that to everybody. If everybody has a souped up hot rod, it won't be interesting.

8. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I thought the third episode (last night) improved upon the premier episodes on Sunday, so I'll be sticking around to see how it goes.

And hopefully Amy Acker makes her way into the show as a regular at some point. I can't get enough of her.

9. Switch625

AGREED. I can't imagine they'd keep her appearances limited to only the videotaped hostage segments.

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I didn't even know this show was on, yet. The last time I saw commercials for it, they still weren't giving a solid date, for it to start.

11. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

I thought that the first three eps of Drive were great. Anyone else catch that the first guest star that Nathan Fillion interacted with was Richard Brooks?

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I watched the first night's first two episodes, but didn't really get into it. After I saw the '72 Challenger, I got pretty darn excited. Loved the ending. Between this and Death Proof from Grindhouse, it's been a good week!

13. Switch625

Yeah, Jubel Early lives! Between him, Nathan Fillion and Amy Acker on Drive the other night and Allison Hannigan, Morena Baccarin and Tom Lenk, who played Andrew on Buffy, all on How I Met Your Mother Monday night, plus Boreanaz every week on Bones, the Whedonverse has exploded onto prime time!

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm passing...

Seen the comercials and it looks like:

Cannonball Run - all humor + a dash of Fast & the Furious

15. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

It's a solid show. Not perfect, but as usual, better than the reality TV drivel avalanche.

I like that Fillion is a little dark and mysterious with his shady past. Kinda History of Violence-esque. They definitely need more Amy Acker. I've missed seeing her gorgeous face since Angel ended. I also thought the Army couple was a little more interesting than I first thought, especially after the guy saw his buddy was dead. And I could've sworn "Brad" (the guy who bailed out the mom the first time), was someone from Firefly. A Blue Hand maybe?

16. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

I caught the first three episodes and so far Im surprised that Im enjoying it quite a bit. Most of my excitement however comes from Nathan Fillion playing the same character from Firefly. :p 

17. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

18. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

Its on Fox. Ive been expecting cancellation since I saw the first ad for this show.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    LOL, it is Fox. Frankly I'm shocked Bones is still on.

20. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Yeah, when I first saw advertising for it, I knew it would be cancelled. Then months later, I saw promos for the premiere and thought, "Wasn't this already cancelled?" At least they've aired episodes in the right order, unlike Firefly.