Drive-Thru Special Order Nightmare Stories

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jorod74, May 24, 2010.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There are things you just don't do in the world. Tug on Superman's Cape, spit in the wind, pull the mask off the ole Lone Ranger and in New England somewhere, you don't say "BeetleJuice" 3 times.

and you sure as hell don't place special orders at the drive-thru.

In Tuscaloosa, just off campus was a Burger King that had 2 Drive-Thru lines and still couldn't handle orders. My best friend used to threaten people in his car that if they even thought about ordering something without pickles, they'd walk home.
    seriously, it took an extra ten minutes to not put pickles on a burger. they finally shut that place down for good.

Then there's a McDonald's here that never has food cooked. full line or empty line, anything you order, "um, we are putting them on now, it'll be about 5-10 minutes, please park to the side."

But the worst is Subway. They keep blaming the $5 footlong specials, but they don't even have the ingredients to make their basic subs. but they will try to serve you anyway and not tell you what's not in your order.
    if you notice the sandwich and take it inside, that's when they tell you they don't have those ingredients yet.

So, any horror stories about certain drive-thru places you know of?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    No, because I refuse to use any drive-thrus. I understand it can be helpful if you're on the road, but you're never going to see me in a line there.

3. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Checkers chain rarely gets orders correct. I end up being the 'checker' before I leave.

4. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I hardly ever go to fast food any more. The McDonald's around here are good about special orders and have my burgers with only pickles ready to go when I get to the window.

Only places I ever had problems with are Taco Bells and I never go there anymore. To many sauces and crap I hate on every freakin item. I never feel like getting out and making a special order and watch them make it.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Who the hell goes to a fast food restaurant to place a special order? That's what your KITCHEN is for.

6. dsprks75

dsprks75 Well-Known Member

I'm sure more than one person here has made the mistake of getting behind the mini-van with the soccer mom placing special orders for the softball team she's carting around... And then has to sit AT THE PICKUP WINDOW and check each and every order... Not pull off to the side, sit at the window!

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Reading this thread gave me visions of Joe Pesci throwing a wobbler in the back of Danny Glover's car in Lethal Weapon 2.

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I always check my orders before I leave a fast food place with take out. as for subway. Ill take the time to go inside as id rather watch them and make certain im getting what i am paying for.

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The "They F*** you at the drive-thru bit"?

10. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I've never seen a Subway drive-thru, I never knew they existed.

I special order almost every time I do go through drive-thrus. If I get a burger at McD's, BK, Wendy's, or Carl's Jr., I want it dressed the way I like it. At Taco Bell, there will be no onions in my burritos. And at In n' Out, damn skippy that bastard is gonna be Animal Style.

11. Brakescream

Brakescream F&@king Twist Ties!

News Credits:
  12. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Special orders get spat upon and dropped on the floor, along with a host of other unsavory acts. I know this for a fact.

Be safe, pick the damn pickles off yourself.

13. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    Bullshit. Not since the prep areas have been fully exposed to the ordering area. That's an urban legend.

14. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    Taco Bell always give me problems because I like sour cream on almost everything. They kept forgetting so now I order it on the side. Not only do I get a little more, because they fill that little cup up all the way, I also am guaranteed to know I got it without unwrapping everything right there at the window.

15. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Bullshit on YOUR bullshit. I used to work in one. Urban legend my ass, I used to see some nasty shit go down. Made me sick and I'd never do it myself, but it happened.

And really, do you seriously think an exposed prep area protects you from prick teenagers with a chip on their shoulder, especially when nobody is in the store to see them fuck around?

Pretend it doesn't exist all you like, but don't say you weren't warned. I personally will never, EVER order anything "special" in a drive through.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  16. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I know, right? It's like, if you're going to be picky, why even eat fast food? Most of the time they employees don't remember or they're too busy and mix stuff up. I also love the "healthy eaters" at fast food. No mayo on your chicken sandwich? Alright then. Nevermind that the bun itself is 300 calories. You don't go to McDonalds to eat healthy, just like you don't go to a brothel for a hug.

17. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    After reading this thread, I'm glad I order my cheeseburgers plain & dry. It's pretty hard to eff up cheese and patties on a bun.

18. firehawc_69

News Credits:
    What's to stop them from doing it to a normal order then? As a rule, I doubt Paco is going to risk his $3.75 job because he has to do what he's being paid to do in the first place. An asshole will do what an asshole will do, and they'll be gone eventually anyway.

19. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Good point, that happens too - just not as much. Obviously a picky order is more likely to be singled out by a cranky little prick who has to make it special.

Well of course they aren't going to do it blatantly and risk getting fired. You'd be surprised at how long a filthy asshole can keep his job.

Not too long ago a taco bell got shut down in my hometown thanks to some kid shitting in the meat. He'd apparently been doing it for quite some time. No one knows how long exactly, but he worked there for something like four years.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  20. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Custom orders piss me off to no end when i'm behind them in line.

Kid A wants no Mayo
    Kid B wants no cheese
    Mom wants no ketchup

Then they get to the window and bitch about the price or some other random shit.

I just wan't to get out and slap them myself. :mad 

When i go to a drive thru it's cause i just worked 10+ hrs,Tired as fuck and want to eat now.I don't want to wait even longer and be the possible target of a pissed employee.