Drill Bot a total waste of expensive CGI!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shandemia, Jul 15, 2011.

1. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

the driller was awesome in the movie and you seem have an issue with it...

Please click on this site http://www.drphil.com/, so he can provide you some much needed advice to cool down your nerd-rage. We do not wish to see your nerd-rage reach any Super Saiyan or Hulk Levels.

[​IMG]

2. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    Really? A big metal squid that squeezes a building then dies is awesome?

You have low standards. I can only imagine what you think is awesome in other films.

You'd rather have the budget spent on the Driller than more Autobot screentime? You'd rather see that big metal tube then more Starscream and Megatron interaction?

Oh, and nice use of calling someone a nerd then making a Dragonball Z reference.

Oh the irony.

3. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

We understand that Dr. Phil cannot cure the nerd-rage illness which you are experiencing. You must be proactive in finding a cure yourself, so you just need to go find $.50 and call someone that cares.

4. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:

Who even makes Dr Phil references anymore? Big Oprah fan are you? Oh, AND a pay phone reference. Just step out of a time machine?

I like how you aren't even addressing what I'm talking about, instead trying to make archaic jokes that aren't even funny. $.50 for a phone call? Welcome to 20 years ago.

Keep trying though, maybe Johnny Carson will give you a call for some comedy routines. You refer to yourself as "We" so that's something I guess.

Then again you'd rather see a big metal tube with pointy teeth than actual transformer screen time so who knows.

5. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    driller was a show-off by ILM. Hey look! We can make driller bots look cool? Give us USD20M! Harry Potter killed DOTM in the box-office. Bay time is over! although it made money making movie with him will only show less profit and less movie goers. Bring something new to the table. TF FANS are not morons. If we wanted to see giant fucking robots fight then Steel (hugh jackman) would be a better alternative. And where are the fucking decepticons all over the world? Megatron has a lot of backup and fucking Sentinel Prime has no protoform and also he learned English very fassssssssssssssssssst.

6. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Meanwhile, Don Murphy says that a movie about the actual Transformers characters was never going to happen because it's too expensive.

Whatever.

7. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

all those fans of this drillerbot crap are you actually fans of transformers or just fans of flashy scenes with explosions? the excuse that "it's awesome" seems to override any fact that drillercrap is totally out of place in a TF movie! ROBOCOP's awesome too AND metal so why not have him come in to save the day? imagine HIM pep talking Megatron!

8. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Bacon is mesmerizing :p 

9. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Since TF is over for the moment...Don Murphy is scrambling for $$$ since he is attempting to greenlit a Captain Planet movie...no joke either

10. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Same with me....and I didn't join this site not that long ago!

P.S. If someones wants to help you with your out-of-control nerd rage and makes some crappy jokes at the same time does not give you the abilty to shoot them down and inslet them at the some time.Just say "Nah,I don't need your help,and you need to work on your jokes a little." instead of "RAHHHHHHH!!!!!! YOUR STUPID!!! BLAH BLAHH RAHHH!!!!'"

Also,That Driller was badass and sorry for MY nerd rage.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Maybe someone's addressed this, but I wanted to add to this.

Personally, I like seeing new characters. Even if they have old names, but nothing like earlier incarnations, new characters keep things interesting. We always know what Optimus is like (well, maybe we didn't expect bloodthirsty :p ) and we always know what Megatron will be like. I don't think it's a good thing to see the same characters over and over, because then things get stale.

New characters and new interpretations keep things interesting AND they let the movies impact the franchise's fiction in the long term. I mean, the movies are the reason (like it or not) Bumblebee is a silent sportscar-like car.

12. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Off-Topic: I love when nerds call other nerds "NERDS" as an insult. Note: you are also posting on a Toy forum for Transformers, wake up to yourselves.

On-Topic: Driller was ok, wouldn't of missed it if they took it outl. What bothered me most was how little was said about it: what was it? where did it come from? what was it's relationship to Shockwave? Like Shocky it just appears and gets killed, cool story I guess.

13. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    What I'd be interested to know is, if they had NOT had the Driller, how many other new robots could they have introduced?

ROTF I feel did have WAY more robots than DOTM did. Not just clones, but individual and unique models. Which is weird, because I think Devastator did have more parts than The Driller...

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    1.) "A show off"? "A SHOW OFF"?!?! :sly2:  Something tells me you don't know much about big-budget VFX-heavy films. This is NOT like ILM just tosses something together in a couple of minutes from old programs and such for the sake of "fuck it, who cares?". This was something that the director wanted to make, felt was cool to show, and chose a top-notch company to carry out the task of making that vision a reality. They felt it was necessary, so they put it in there. And by "they", I mean "one hundred VFX artists and animators who spent months or hard work to make this thing real". This was no small task they undertook. They wouldn't waste that man-power, time and money if they didn't think the Driller was worth it. "LOL, guyz, let's totes make this robo-kraken! It'll be super easy and will serve no point in the story but let's do it anyway! Lulz!" The director is their boss, if the director wants something in there, they do it. This was not a "show off", no more than Dobby was a show off for Harry Potter, Tomar-Re in Green Lantern, Scarecrow's acid trips being a show off for Christopher Nolan, the Na'vi being show offs for Avatar, or Yoda was a show off of Frank Oz' puppeteering skills. If the Driller was a "show off" by ILM, than anything and everything in films and television these days are "show offs". Anyone acting, any stunt scene, any visual effects are apparently just showing off now.

In short: Was the driller 100% essential to the story? Not really. Could his role have been completed by some other character? Definitely. Did it look cool though? In my opinion, yes. But this was not just a case of ILM "showing off". :banghead: 

2.) Yes, Harry Potter is making more money. There was really no question about that. But $782 million in 21 days is nothing to scoff at, man.

3.) I...I won't even get started on the rest.

You sir, are my hero. Please sign my Transformers figures. :) 

15. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    :thumbs2: 

16. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Blackout, Soundwave, and even Ravage have "pets" of their own with no explanation as to what they are are how they got them. Deceptipets is something of a standard for the franchise.
    Of course, Shockwave is atypical since he rides inside his Driller as opposed to the other way around.