Drift question

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by BaronRansack, Jan 22, 2011.

1. BaronRansack

BaronRansack Drift

In drift the circle of light the members all have great swords, they use a bots spark when drawn but what exactly does this do to the blade

heats it up?
    vibro sword style?
    lightning covered blade?
    spark obsorbing?

just curious

2. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Probably uses harden.

Haha...lame.

3. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like to think the sword is a little more mystic than that.
    Just saying it heats up, or shocks who ever it cuts. Really take all the spirit out of the idea.

I'm of the mind of just leave it a questionable strange item.

BUT....that's not what you asked so....If I have to answer something. It needs to be something a little more than extra damage power eh?
    Maybe the sword is made of strange and old metals deep from Cybertron (metal from Primus' core). Which open up the wielders spark to see a moment of insight. That might be; see a moment or two into the future and/or into they opponents mind, or gain the wisdom of all the old sword masters; something like a mini-matrix-burst.

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Its probably meant to be a reference to the samurai philosophy of a soldier's sword being a representation of his soul. As such, when the sword links with the spark of its wielder, it probably like a sword should, only moreso: it cuts cleaner and swifter, it blocks more strongly, etc. I imagine there's likely more of a spiritual aspect, compared to a technological one.

5. Rigas

Rigas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah pretty much what Aernaroth said, but it you want a more technical answer, It channels the sparks energy along the edge of the blade making it highly charged with some exotic energy that can cut through stuff easier and in turn interferes with the opponents spark making them dazed/slower/weaker and dropping their guard somewhat to allow the devastating blow to find its mark.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd have liked some more explanation in this area. Perhaps explain that the sword's abilities are completely unique in the vein of the Fred Saberhagen Lost Swords novels - they grant incredible power under certain conditions but at a great price. For example, a sword that grants strength, speed and resistance to damage when used to protect others from a threat - but once the threat is eliminated, all the exhaustion and damage hits at once, potentially enough to outright overwhelm / kill the bearer once their task is complete.

Granted, some of these things would not work in a Transformers / sci-fi setting, but I think this is a good place for simply saying the combination of the Spark and the special sword creates unique effects that can be mistaken for magic. But using the Spark makes any and all abilities uniquely double-edged as they're using their lifeforce to power the abilities.

7. BaronRansack

BaronRansack Drift

awesome
    wow so many great ideas

8. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    gets it ready for robot hatcheting time...CHOP CHOP.

9. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno, probably gives the user and excuse to start killing everything in sight?