Drew Barrymore hates Transformers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Sep 18, 2010.

1. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    You know what it was? It was Titan AE--the movie that Drew Barrymore did voice work for. She was Akima--the girl with purple hair.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:

I think it's just coincidance Moroni Prime.

Also I think she only hates the Transformers movies......Transformers don't always revolve around the Bay Films. Although that's what the general audience views Transformers as these days. Also i might be in denial, She's hot. 'Nuff Said. :drool:  @ Drew Barrymore.......

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Yeah well...I bet Joel Schumacher makes her hot...She likes to watch Batman and Robin and touch herself...I donno...

That seems like such an oddly specific thing to say to someone. Even for a emasculating drunk girl.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'd say it was a line written for the movie and not ad lib.

Just think of the stereotype for the sort of guys that are really into Micheal Bay films. It's normally the sort of muscle head who is about as intelligent as the scripts to the films and the sort of guy who either uses the word "bro" or "dude" far too much. As in "Damn bro that was the coolest film ever because stuff blew up and stuff" or "Dude if robots ever show up I'd so join the army and totally open up a can of hurt on their ass".

Since romantic comedies aren't the deepest of scripts the writer likely figured they could take a jab at both Micheal Bay and the sort of people who like his films all with one shot. With all the stuff out there bashing Bay why not join the band wagon to get back at him for that ticket you wasted on Pearl Harbor or Revenge of the Fallen.

Ha ha, and if we only had the Micheal Bay Transformers movies to go by then I know a lot of people who don't like Transformers. Oddly the line sounded more like something you'd hear in one of the heated movie debates than someone who didn't like Transformers in general. So could we spin it as Drew Barrymore nerd rage?

5. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's an insult line written for a present-day audience and a jab at Michael Bay's brainless popcornsplosion movies.

Regardless of Drew Barrymore's actual thoughts and feelings about Transformers in general, chances are still very slim that she'd ever date you. So don't worry about it.

6. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

Who cares?

Not everybody is going to be impressed or like Transformers.

7. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ

News Credits:
    QFT. I could care less about what Drew Barrymore thinks about TF's.

8. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I looked up the screenlay online and the line wasn't in it. Doesn't mean the writers didn't add it later, I just said I assumed it was an adlib line because it seemed like a situation where they did several takes and chose the funniest one. By assuming I mean I don't know for sure, I'm just guessing. And I didn't mean for this to get into a deep, serious debate, just thought it was odd that they targeted Transformers specifically. Isn't Drew taking a little bit of a chance that she's alienating the boyfriends, fiances, and husbands of the girls that want to see this movie. If I had taken the slander seriously, I wouldn't be taking my wife to anymore Barrymore films. Drew is cute, but Drew actually LIKING something that I like like TF rather than mocking it makes her go from cute to HOT. She should think about that next time. What is it with these girls in Hollywood sticking their feet in their mouths? First Megan and now Drew? Do they want guys like me to watch their movies at all? Cuz I would much prefer a nerd-loving, comic book-reading, sci-fi-watching, cartoon-fanatic chick ANY day of the week.

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Apparently you guys and others cared enough to click on the thread and make aspersions about me and the OP.

I don't care either way whether she likes them or not because she's entitled to her own likes and dislikes just like other human beings. I just found it interesting that she'd apparently say something like that that wasn't in the script, and am curious as to why she would specifically call Bay and TFs out.

--Moony

10. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A one-off line by Drew Barrymore in a rom-com: Serious business.

Going to have to side with the "who cares" crowd, here.

11. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    What else besides E.T. did she do in the last twenty or something years? :D 

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I think it just goes to show where Michael Bay stands in pop culture. The only reason they used Transformers as a reference is because that's the most recent movie Bay is now known for.

The thing about these kind of "chick flik" films is they're almost always going to have smarmy emasculating comments. If this film was made a few years prior to the TF Bay films, it probably would have been a Vin Diesel reference to Fast and Furious or Riddick.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

It's just a line that Drew's character happened to say. It does not necessarily mean that she hates Michael Bay and Transformers in general.

14. Allsparky

Allsparky Bayou Buah/Ex cross-tie walker!

Hey now, this is the ole Firestarter we're talking about here. Careful now, lest she STARE at your collection and light it ablaze!

15. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    She had the 2nd highest female salary per movie in 2006 and was voted People magazine's #1 most beautiful person in 2007 so, ya know, nothing important.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Gee am I the only one with a search engine anymore.

Wrote a 1990 autobiography titled Little Girl Lost.

Managed to make the transition to from child star to adult actor even after all the alcohol problems, drug problems and to trips to rehab.

Lets see a load of films, TV series and commercials she has acted in.

Teamed up with Nancy Juvonen to formed a production company called Flower Films.

She has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Got named Ambassador Against Hunger for the United Nations World Food Program and donated over $1 million dollars to the program.

Awarded both the Screen Actors Guild Award and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Miniseries or Television Film.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I ain't flaming the OP for posting this, but who cares? It's just Drew Barrymore. The OP simply brought up something he/she had an observation and a question about.

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe drew was up for Rosey's part and didn't get it and is bitter, let's call cnn.

how did you ge the scrip btw?

19. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't blame Drew. It's hard enough to be only capable of crappy rom-com. The Script has a writer, and it sound like that writer is a butt-hurt fanboy with the only soapbox he has.

20. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

Someone needs to write her an angry letter and start an internet petition to get her fired from Hollywood.