Dremare's Transformers Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dremare, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Hi there, I'm Dremare, if the title doesn't point it out. And I am here to post reviews about any Transformers toys and such. Don't expect every Transformers toy/related to be reviewed. The first one up will be Octane, now known as Tankor due to trademark issues, after I take pictures.

2. zeroXII

zeroXII metallicon

News Credits:
    I believe this should go under the feedback Forums.

3. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Sorry, but the pics will have to wait. I left my camera in the car, and my mother took it for work (I'm 14, so?). So the review will also wait, sorry.

Edit: Oops, didn't know that. I thought that this went under the Transformers Toy Forums.

4. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Octane Review 2.0

Well, I guess I'll post my reviews here and at my second one for the people who don't go to the Transformers Feedback forums.

But here's the Octane/Tankor Review, which I will not finish at my second review thread.

Octane/Tankor Review 2.0:

Plane Mode:

[​IMG]

The plane mode is nice, being mostly white with black and purple applications, with the tail-end being blue which I will explain why.

[​IMG]

If you're going for the realistic look, then this will drive you to the edge of your mental health. You can see his truck cab in his plane mode. But that's for those who want a extremely realistic vehicle mode.

[​IMG]

At the base of the plane mode, you can see four of his wheels for his fueler truck mode, which will drive you to the abyss of your mind. The rest of the wheels are covered by the melee blade folded up and placed on him. Looks out of place to me.

[​IMG]

The front of the plane mode. You can see the propellers of his plane mode, which I will mention that they can actually use like propellers (If you had the cheeks of a whale, you can make the propellers move without using a air conditioner). Also the double-barreled guns on the wings/sides of Octane/Tankor are placed where I don't want guns to be placed when I'm flying.

[​IMG]

The side view of plane mode. You can see some gaps at the bottom. If you are realistic vehicle lover, than you'll probably dig deeper in your mind's abyss by this. But it's a minor detail.

[​IMG]

The back view of plane mode. Like I mentioned before, the truck cab of fueler truck mode can be seen. But it's a Triple-Changer, so who cares?

Fueler Truck Mode:

[​IMG]

His fueler truck mode. It's semi-realistic, like the plane mode. Here, most of the white disappears and is replaced by some silver and black. The windows of the truck cab are painted silver, and the melee blade is now on top of the fueler truck mode. The guns are placed even more where I don't want them to be placed, at the end of the fueler truck mode. There are holes near the truck cab where the guns are able to fit in, but then you expose the hands of Octane's/Tankor's robot mode. Here are some things though where you realistic-vehicle mode-only fans may drive yourself to jump off a first-story building.

[​IMG]

If you're a car behind Octane/Tankor, you can see his nose halves of plane mode. And that's not all!

[​IMG]

If you're a mechanic, you can see his propellers at the bottom of his truck cab. And there's more to him than you can see!!

[​IMG]

You can see the tail fins of plane mode here. If you don't like this, than don't get this guy.

Robot Mode:

[​IMG]

The robot mode is a great way to combine the alternate modes of Octane/Tankor. He has thirteen points of articulation, four in each arm, two in each leg, and one in his head. His head, however, is very limited because it's in a small hole. His head strangely has blue light piping, but it's blocked by painted red eyes. "Why didn't they just make the light piping red?", then I thought that it wouldn't really blend in with the purple used for his head, so they did what they did. His melee blade is taller than he is, which is cool, but what really disappoints me is the gun I like to call his 'quad-cannon'. It's basically the same mold stacked on another one. I just wish that the guns were a bit bigger than they are.

My Final Thoughts:
    I'd have more pictures, but sadly most of them got lost somehow, so I only have two pictures of his robot mode. But here are my pro's and con's.

Pro's:
    • Great redesign of a old G1 character
    • Cool semi-realistic vehicle modes
    • Cool melee blade

Con's:
    • If you're a person who only buy realistic vehicle modes, you don't want this toy
    • Light piping is blocked
    • Quad-cannon is silly
    • Wing kibble can be annoying
    • New name isn't cool
    • Melee blade is a pinching comb

Overall, it's quite nice, really. It's not the Octane toy you may want because it's not so realistic, but it'll do.

Stars: 8.5 out of 10

[​IMG]

"Buy me or I'll pinch you!"

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
  6. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reviews are best posted in the respective thread for a certain toy in the Feedback forum. If no thread for the toy exists, make one. :D  Either way, this particular forum is more for general Transformer figure discussion rather than in-depth reviews of certain figures.

7. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

I don't really care, like I said earlier.

8. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Then you wont care when they lock this thread since you cant follow the rules. Its pretty easy I don't get why you are being stubborn about it.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    All you have to do is copy what you put in that post, and put it into a new post in the already established feedback thread for Universe Tankor. It's not all that hard to do. Either way this thread is going to get locked. There's no stopping that.

10. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

So what? I don't care. I want to make my own reviews here. I'll make links for people to see them at the threads established for the reviews I made.

11. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i don't think you understand that this doesn't belong here meaning it CAN'T belong here. so you think if people don't care where they put stuff it's ok. i can guarantee you a mod will lock, move, or delete this. and i hate when 14 year old kids have little internet attitudes. "I don't care, i'm such a rebel, blahbahblah..."

edit: also, when people see this thread, if you notice, no one actually cares about whats in the the review. they only care about the fact that it's not supposed to be here, so be a good boy and put it in tankors already existing thread.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Than don't be surprised when each and every one of your review threads is closed, if not deleted, by the mods. Eventually they might even take action against you. I advise you to just post your reviews in the threads they are supposed to be in. Breaking the rules isn't worth being a "rebel". I know from experience. It may seem unfair at first, but the mods know what their doing.

13. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

I'm not breaking the rules. I know what I'm getting into. And I hate it when people older than me tell me what to do. I acknowledge it and try my best to follow it, but when it's not important, I don't care.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Technically, you are. Reviews belong in the Feedback forum, not the Transformers Toy Discussion forum. Not trying to argue, or start a fight, just trying to help. Oh, and this is important, as it deals with the board rules.

Cool board name, btw. It sounds slightly familiar, but I can't think of where I've heard/read it before.

Edit: Also, age has absolutely nothing to do with this. If you were older I'd be saying the same exact things to you.

15. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

no, you are breaking the rules...
    edit ( i love these things): your age would have nothing to do with it. the fact that you used your age to defend yourself is why i used it against you. don't give me the ammo and then complain about it. :)  K?

16. Dremare

Dremare Had an Epiphany

Okay, sheesh. So consider this thread closed, so no one here must post anymore. I made a mistake, so my bad. You all can view this thread, but no posting, please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.