Minor/Repaint: Dredd -update, bio included-

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by underwear-ninja, Sep 30, 2008.

1. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

A fan character that I wanted to make a figure of. I wanted to do a sort of "corrupt cop" Decepticon, and not crazy screaming lunatic like Movie Barricade. Used Cybertron Downshift as the base, removed the claw gimmick and made the parts into the siren and a replacement for the missing front lights. The area once occupied by claw is now weapon storage (the grill is removable)

The head was made with sculpy- my first sculpt ever, actually. Labels were also made myself, again a first. I rather like the vehicle mode, and it gives Prowl some one to play "good cop- bad cop" with :]

-update- I decided to make a brief bio and stats for this character, to go along with his toy :b

Function: Enforcer
    Motto: "You have the right to be silenced!"

Strength:8
    Intellegence:4
    Speed:6
    Endurance:9
    Courage:7
    Firepower:5
    Skill:6

A brutish bully who loves to see people suffer. Enforces all of Megatron's orders, and gladly punishes anyone he sees disobeying them. Carries a concussion pistol that puts extreme pressure on joints and can fracture even the strongest conventional armors. Siren emits blinding light and can scramble optics. Not very smart, can often be gullible with people he sees as superior in rank.

Attached Files:

2. anovasinn

anovasinn THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!

cool man i like the big decepticon fraction on the hood it gives him a g1 feel

3. spoonman

spoonman Kitbasher extrordinaire!

I dig it. It's original. I expect to see Akroyd and Belushi climbin out the doors. Is the door decal finished? It looks like a transfer waiting to set.

4. Detour

Detour TFWiki.net, use it!

News Credits:
    Damn.

I have my work cut out for me if I want to outdo this with my Barricade custom.

Good job!
    :thumbs2: 

5. _Flashback_

_Flashback_ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Very nice. I always thought this mold would make a great old-school style cop car.

6. underwear-ninja

It was still waiting to set when I took these photos. Even then, it still didn't set quite right D: chalk it up to first-time experience I suppose.

7. kamtimus_prime

kamtimus_prime Radicon Visionary

I like the paint job make it look like the classic cop car. Good job

Where are you Car 54

8. underwear-ninja

He blew it up :U

9. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    looks awesome man :thumb :

10. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

nice job I like it

11. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Oops Tiranny is misspelled. Aaaanyway, nice one. It's like the shattered glass version of the bluesbrothers car. (hmm,Transformers Crossovers Elwood?)

12. underwear-ninja

Hahaha. Yeah I did mispell tyranny, but so did you :b We are both quite the smart fellows.

13. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

Yaaaay. Teyerunnie!!

14. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Ha! For ages, I've been half-toying with the idea of making a Bluesmobile out of this fella. Hmm. Maybe Jake could be a Targetmaster and Elwood a Headmaster? :p 

Not bad at all. The head's a little rough, but good for a first attempt - heck, maybe later, when you've got yourself some more experience, you'll get the urge to have another go!

So the chest now functions as weapon storgae? I nearly headed that way with Slicer before deciding to keep the claw. Of course, I reasoned that it'd be tricky to keep the grille on without the claw, and I couldn't think of a suitable weapon to store in there anyway! Does he have a mini-weapon that he keeps in there?

15. underwear-ninja

Thanks! I just cut off the grille parts and glued them to the bumper, using the center of the claw to make the siren (the Junkions would be proud of my recycling) I haven't found a weapon that fits in his compartment besides Prowl's gun (and he needs his gun!) so the one in the photo (Doomlock's) is just filler.

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Hmm. Some kind of folding weapon (like Prowl's) would definitely seem the way to go. Offhand I'm thinking suitable examples might be Alt Hound/Swindle and BW Terrorsaur/Lazorbeak. Though both would need their handles modded, and I'm not sure if Hound's would fit anyway as I haven't tried it. The pteranodon pistol should, though.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You've done a really nice job on this piece, man! I hope that your work on this head has encouraged you to continue to work on your head sculpting skills. You've done a nice job with it, but I can see that if you continue to push yourself you'll see your skills improve. The strength of his piece really is the concept of the character. I think you've done a really nice job creating something all your own and really making it yours. This is the beauty of fan characters, and pieces like this continually remind me how special fan characters really are when they are done right.

I hope we can see some better photos of this guy down the road as well. The photos really don't do your work justice. Even some adjustments to the photos you shot and posted could be tweaked some to better showcase your work.

Keep up the great work man :thumb 

18. underwear-ninja

Thanks an awful lot for the great input :] These are the sorts of comments and critique that I don't get anywhere else but here, that keeps me going on this sort of hobby. And yes, photos rarely do my work what little justice there is XD I don't have much money, so I'm always doing these things on a very small and tight budget. I'm hoping to get some better lighting for my photography sometime soon (even if its for x-mas) so I'll probably retake the photos of this guy when that happens.

19. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Great job man.

I too used Cyb Downshift as a custom fig,he's a really great mold.

20. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    looks great man.