Non-TF: Dredd, Dex and Mister Merc

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Gingerchris, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Here's a few bits dug out of my old art folders. :) 

Judge Dredd. This is one of the pieces that survived the water damage I had a while back. Well, not completely survived as the black ink had bled a weird purple blotchy haze over the picture, but when I scanned it in black to see if it could be cleaned up it very happily didn't scan any of the purple and the original black has remained fairly crisp.
    I was never a fan of the big hulking Dredd, the skinnier one was always more my preference, so I've gone more to that here than him looking like he's been overly pumped up on steroids. That said, I think my one has maybe been overworking his arms. :p 
    The background was my attempt at one of those curved cityscape things, but also I wanted to give him sorta wings, like an avenging angel or eagle of justice swooping to judge a perp. I was going to put the 'wings' higher so they actually came out of his back but then I felt like it messed with the composition where I wanted his upper body framed in this 'halo' circular effect. Even now, although it looks nice enough, I'm still not happy with how any of that background thing turned out, as wings or cityscape. Ah well, can't have everything I want.

[​IMG]

I shall call him Mister Merc here, but he goes by another name usually. He was the star of a comic strip I started but never finished back in 1994. I've got around twenty pages of the strip kicking about if I can find them to put up here at some point.
    Touched up the wishy-washy blacks a little with the computer before posting it here.

[​IMG]

And a couple of Dexter pictures thrown in for fun. I actually traced these off the television way back when. Paused during the show and just taped paper to the screen before scribbling with a pencil. The colours here are actually pieces of coloured paper I cut to the right shape and stuck to the artwork since I didn't have any purple, orange, pale blue or flesh-coloured pens to hand and I didn't have a computer for colouring with. You can see the paper texture best with the purple gloves. I did however retouch the black on the computer before bringing them to here.
    So although they're kinda basic pictures at first glance, I had fun making them with a variety of methods. I also got them printed as t-shirts back when I first made them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    You Betrayed the LAAWWWWWW!!!!

Man,I need to watch that flick sooner or later.

Anyway......nice doodles! Really like the Judge Dreed and the Dexter ones look pretty good.