Dreams that change you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Mar 13, 2007.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I often (like, almost every night) have dreams about seeing strangely lighted, obviously alien airships, and often they are dog-fighting and/or evading fighter jets. The ships usually have an odd configuration that I don't recognize from any fiction.

The battles sometimes happen right at the hight of tall tress, and other times I can just make them out way up in the atmosphere...little dots flying about and shooting at one another. Wherever they are seen, it's always a surprise to the people witnessing it (except myself), and sometimes there will be a crash (sometimes a jet, sometimes a UFO), and I always want to run over to the crashed UFOs and investigate. Sometimes I do, but I don't think I've seen a body in one yet. I found a burrito in the wreckage of one once. Yes, a burrito. No, I don't get it either.

I've had them since I was about 12, and they have gotten more prevalent and realistic over the years. It's starting to scare me a little. I'm not obsessed with alien movies or UFOs or anything like that, so WTF? What's even stranger is that when I was about that age, I read a book about a guy who claimed to have "dream visions" about the future, and he described having dreams similar to these.

Did my brain somehow take a clue from that book, and give me years of these fictional dreams, or did reading the book awaken something else? Perhaps the book has nothing to do with it?

Perhaps I'm just a fucking nut?

2. Jetfireinthesky

Jetfireinthesky Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I too have been able to read in my dreams which has always weirded me out because I've heard the "you can't read in your dreams-oppisite side of brain" thing too. I used to just have dreams that I could recall every now and then but lately I've been haveing more dreams than usual and a lot of them have been about a girl I've had a crush on but have decided that we wouldn't work out (and no not "those" kind of dreams, haha). And they've kinda got me on edge because I'm wondering if there is any meaning or if they are just the random no-meaning dreams. As a christian I fully believe that dreams CAN have a meaning IF God wishes to use them to relay a message.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    What's with all the hippy threads? Astrology, dreaming. It's like little girls at a slumber party. Only none of them are topless.

4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You want to see topless little girls? Sicko.

5. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Eyeballkid's user title claims that he is a professional drunk. I've always wondered what a professional drunk did, and maybe this is it?

6. Phy

Phy I want... ROOM SERVICE!!

News Credits:
    I'll have you know I worked damn hard to turn that one thread into astrophysics.

7. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    at least hes a professional romantic drunk.

that or a hippy.

8. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

I knew a guy in college that reminds me of eyeballkid. He smoked a lot of pot, ate Cheetos, never seemed to move from the old couch we had, and looked into the deeper meaning of the tree outside the window.

My dreams are just a way of my brain processing information that I've been exposed to. When I do remember them, they're more entertainment than anything, and I don't use them to guide me or try to make meaning out of something that's not there.

9. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    eyeballkid = yoda

10. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Well I have a funny story to relate, I was probably like 8 or so and I use to have this reoccuring dream that the Blob(from the movie The BLob), well that Santa Claus had brought it back from the north pole accidentally when he was doing his christmas rounds and that it started coming out from the faucet in my bath tub, long story short I didnt eat jelly for like 5 years after that because thats what it reminded me of, true story.

Oh yeah, I have a reoccuring dream the past few years that I"m still in high school and won't graduate for some reason and that I'm still living with my parents. Oh yeah and sometimes I actually get turned down in my dreams, that probably has something to do with my self esteem.

11. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had two dreams that seriously fucked with me. The first is not something I will talk about. The second happened yesterday. I dreamed my brother was in an accident and died.

I knew it was a dream, even while still sleeping, I could tell, but something about it just scared the piss out of me. Woke up and the first thing I did was call up Nick, just to make sure he was still kicking.

12. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I've had a few dreams which I could remember well when I woke up, but then I lost them.

But how odd, I can remember a dream from when I was 2 years old, I was running on an endless bridge being chased by a swirling tornado-hurricane of black and traces of other colors. :eek: 

13. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

14. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I've never heard of a dream actually "changing" anyone. Even the one described in the inital post seems to have done little more than bring up old memories.

I'll have a dream every now ant then about one of my exes (the obligaroty "horrible break up"), which annnoys me as it reminds be of all the unpleasentness that went down.

I also had a dream that woke me up, but not because it scared me, but because I was laughing my ass off. It involved Supergirl, Kim Possible, and pirates. And no, it was sadly not a sex dream.

15. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    i aint no goddanm hippie!

16. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Easy there tiger

17. JinraiPrime

JinraiPrime 1000+ Post Club Member

I had the same dream for about a 3 month period that involved me flying and the plane crashing, I havent flown since..... dream scared the fuck out of me, I have lots of scary dreams... but what really scared me was the frequency of repitition.

18. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

OBJECTION! Evidence seems to point otherwise Skipper....