Dreams that change you

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Mar 13, 2007.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I expected the astrolgy thread to...go where it has gone...thats fine....fun times had by all...

And yeah..dream threads can be boring...but have you ever had a dream that changed how you percieve your past? I mean seriously?

For instance, in college, i worked with a girl that flirted with me all the time...and i did the same, but I was looking for something more serious than a fuck buddy. (she was that type)

Long story short, everything that I thought, at the time, would come true...never did...

Boourns!

So I had a dream about this girl a couple weeks ago...and I have not thought about her for a long time...three years! and in the dream we agreed to be just fuck buddies.

So EVERYTHING in my past kicked my ass in a dream I didnt want to have...and now I wake up every morning thinking about her...WTF!

2. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    No.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    dude you need a live journal.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dreams a crazy shit. I enjoy being able to wake up and still vividly remember the dream I was having and slowly start to realize why certain things occurred in the dream. Usually it's based off recent events or things I have seen but sometimes there's a few abstract leaps of logic to make the connections. Of course, 60% of the time it's just me titty-fucking Jiggle's MILF.

5. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I don't dream very much, but when I do, it always seems to be about me getting titty-fucked by some Australian guy with a killer goatee and a pilot's headset.

6. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Yep. Someone's missing the journals me thinks.

As for life-changing dreams? I once dreamt my grandparents were kidnapping and raping teenage girls for fun and profit. Well, not so much profit. Anyway, I was never able to look at grandma quite the same way after visualizing her diving off her dresser onto a mattress covered in teenage female flesh.

That dream prevented me from sleeping for about a week.

Then there was the time when I was a kid where I dreamt the neighbor girl turned into a dragon and smashed our house. I couldn't be around her for several months after that as I'd get terrified she was going to either try to eat me, or burn me.

But honestly, nothing that's changed my life. Just my view of certain people in it.

7. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I miss the ellipsis educational thread from the Fuzzy.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

i once dreamt i was swimming underwater, and when i woke i was in a puddle of blood. i dunno if it changed me much arpart from the blood loss.

9. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dude you had a period!

10. smangerbot

that too was my first thought, but then i realised that they aren't supposed to come out of your nose.

the 'pool' of blood was caused by a broken nose.

11. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is my opinion that people should not let a dream influence any aspect of their life whatsoever, as they mean squat.

12. smangerbot

i dissagree! what about the dream i had where i was driving around london in a banana yellow beetle and i picked up flea who was hitch hiking to his next gig. that must have meant something!

13. Night Flame

Sometimes they mean squat. Sometimes they are your subconscience telling you to wake the hell up and do something.

In the simplest of ways: Ever have a dream where you are hunting ridiculously hard for a bathroom and you just can't find one? Then you wake up and realize you have to pee so bad you can almost taste it? Your internals are telling you you have to go to the bathroom, and your brain is doing everything it can to fight the temptation to just go right where you are. Thus the internal war of a self imposed bathroom hunt that never ends.

The real trick is figuring out the difference between the meaningful dreams and the non meaningful ones. It's far to easy to just say that none of them mean anything ever.

14. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It did.
    No cheese before bedtime for you.

15. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I keep wondering if the "struck by lightning" dreams were some sort of message, since I started having them after I switched to the electrical engineering degree.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    man i just want my dream with jill kelly in her prime and brianna banks to come thru.

:( 

17. Night Flame

Not exactly life changing, but I'm guessing we've all had various "stuck in a maze" dreams when we're in the midst of a life-crisis, or in the middle of trying to decide a career path or something. I went through a period about two years ago where I was CONSTANTLY dreaming about climbing around in big piles of skyscrapper remains, trying to find my way through to a bridge that was clearly visible, but very far out of reach.

18. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    That depends.

Were you dressed as Franklin or Tesla?

19. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    itd be cool if he was david bowie playing tesla. that guy rules.

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

OK, I don't usually post about this type of thing because it makes me look like a nutter, but every now and then I have have a dream about a this huge dog that looks like a rottweiler but about 50% larger and solid black with orange eyes.

When ever I have this dream within a week someone I know dies.

I am a naturally skeptical person now days, and I really don't believe in premonition, but it's always happened that way.

I also have dreams where I'll be somewhere doing something, anything, usually something random or mundane, and sometimes up to a year or two later I will be driving or at the store or at work and I'll get this strong sense of Deja-vu and then I realize it was one of those moments I dreamt of - we are talkin split seconds here, it really fucked up.

I have also had dreams that affected emotionally, where something will happen in a dream and I will keep thinking about it all day, sometimes something depressing, sometimes something disturbing - I have violent dreams a lot where I brutally murder someone it's always a random stranger, but it's always terribly brutal and extremely graphic, I will stay disturbed for days over it.

Other times I will have a dream of a childhood memory or of my grandmother who died when I was 12 and I'll think about it and get in a funk all day over it, it's odd how much emotional effect my dreams can have on me.

The other part I never knew was odd until just a few years ago was that I always dream in full color, in fact I always have all 5 of my senses in my dreams and I am able to read (which someone told me was impossible because dreaming and reading happen on opposite sides of the brain).

Also, something like 80% of the time when I am having a dream I am aware of the fact that I am dreaming, and even when I'm in a period of sleep where I'm not dreaming I am aware of the fact that I am sleeping - my wife says that it's the reason I never feel rested, because my brain rarely fully shuts off.

EDIT

FUCK!!!!

Figures this would end up the last post on the page now no one will read it - all that typing for nothing :mad