Dreamfactory GOD-06 Cyclone (DotM Topspin)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by neevnav, May 29, 2018.

1. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Got mine today from TF Direct. Here's my thoughts.

Packaging

Came in a very nice box, packaged well in a standard bubble case in vehicle mode. Guns come attached, claws and other pieces come separate.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vehicle mode

Vehicle mode is very sharp. Paint is good, everything pegs together really well. It is upscaled to match the previous DF release of Leadfoot, but still doesn't look too out of place with other deluxes, particularly some of the older ones. Definitely smaller the MPM though.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Transformation

Nothing new here. If you had DotM Topspin, you know the deal. Unlike with DF Leadfoot, there aren't any real improvements, it's a pretty straight copy.

Robot Mode

Robot mode looks pretty sharp. Headsculpt isn't quite as nice as Leadfoot's but it works. The paint applications are thorough. The balljoints for the arms and legs are a little loose, the came off several times during transformation, but if I remember I had the same issue with the original deluxe. Some furniture polish should take care of that. The shoulder joints are also pretty tight out of the box, but loosened up after a few back and fourths. Shoulder cannons are tight and can be positioned however you'd like.

The claws in this instance are separate from the hands unlike the original. This would be great if they had improved the hands, but alas they are just balled up fists. Also, the shoulder pieces are parts forming. They aren't required, but to achieve screen accuracy, you have to partsform.

This is where the scale gets wonky. In robot mode, he's slightly too big to fit in with the deluxes, but too small to fit in with the MPM line. Not too sure what they were going for here. I'll likely display them on the deluxe shelf.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall

For the most part he's a solid figure, although I'd say a little underwhelming without any improvements. If you already have DF Leadfoot, I'd say get him for sure, he compliments him well. I'll definitely be getting the DF Roadbuster as well to complete the set. But if you're expecting something groundbreaking it's not here.

Let me know if there's any other comparison shots you'd like, I have a pretty extensive movie figure collection.

• Like Like x 2
  2. ubertenorman

ubertenorman Well-Known Member

Which shoulder pieces partsform? Looks like the spoilers but not sure...

3. tfsafari

tfsafari TF Online Dealer

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Painting looks really good, or I say you take a very good picture. It changes my past impression on DREAM FACTORY

4. Decoy Cybertronian

Decoy Cybertronian Skidsmydudes

YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow Bumblebee is really short! Man i'm slow:tumbleweed: 

5. ahrinn

ahrinn Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where to still get one of these? Robotoybase showed they were in stock as a 2-pack with Roadbuster, but then said it was out of stock after I placed my order.