Dreamcast Returns!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Darkdarth33, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Darkdarth33

Darkdarth33 Well-Known Member

Well, sort of. The website ThinkGeek is now selling Authentic new in box Dreamcasts! I got the news from Yahoo. Here's the link: Playback 42 - Playback - Yahoo! Games

Amazing! Now I can play the real Sonic Adventure! Also, why is it that the only good 3D Sonic games were on Sega consoles? Is that like a practical joke? "Hey! Were developing for all consoles! But your going to have to play as a Werehog." What the hell is a werehog!?

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

are you serious?!

3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

... you know that SA is on gamecube as well? and SA2? and sega has made other sonic games besides the werehog one. get a gba and a DS.

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I don't think the Sonic Adventure games were all that great. Well, SA1 was pretty good, but SA2 did nothing for me.

5. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

SA2 fell into the trap that every 3d Sonic game has since. Every stage is elevated above a bottomless pit. SA1 had it to some sense but no where near as bad as 2 and beyond have become. Heroes broke my streak of finishing every home console Sonic game, it just frustrated me to no end missing the smallest jumps. I haven't bought a Sonic game since.

I would love to buy an a new DC and keep it in box. I've stopped buying stuff just to own it though.

6. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    This news is old. They only have controllers left, unless they eventually get more stock in which who knows if they ever will.

7. Darkdarth33

I meant 3D Sonic games! Were there any 3D Sonic Games on the GBA? No. Now, I know the about the ports of the games to GameCube but what about everything else? Can you find 1 3D Sonic game that is not the ports of Sonic Adventure Series, does not include a werehog, or was cancelled? (Because if the public never played Sonic X-Treme for Saturn, it doesn't count.) By the way, in order for it to be a good 3D Sonic game, it must be raved by at least 90% of people because lets face it, some people though Sonic 3D Blast was a good game; which it wasn't. Please, if you can find 1 GOOD 3D Sonic game with the parameters above, then I will happily shut my mouth.

8. Darkdarth33

Oh well, I guess if thy don't get any more in stock I'll just head to a Retro Video Game Store. Now, I have a sudden urge for a Dreamcast, and last I heard a PlayNTrade Video Games was selling them for 30 bucks a pop. The problem is the Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, which if they have it, is TWICE the amount of the system!

9. OptimusSpanks

OptimusSpanks Well-Known Member

Craigslist is your friend brotha. I see the dreamcast versions of MVC2 super cheap on my local cragslist or a dreamcast with box plus games like the power stone series, house of the dead 2, and both marvel vs capcom games for $75. As soon I have the cash to pick one up I'm going to.

10. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Were these first-party systems or has Sega leased the Dreamcast brand like they did with the Genesis? (The Genesis 3 was a third party machine that was distributed under the Sega brand.)

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I still have my DC hooked up. Just played Spiderman and Marvel vs. Capcom2 the other day.

12. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Time for me to do what I see all the time in N&R.

"Old post is old"

13. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

in happy world. there would be a good sonic game.
    but there only been decent games. and one "wha?" (chronicles)

and only SA 1 and 2 were ports. you made it sound like all sonic games after SA2 were ports. sonic cant be successful in a 3D game. it cant be done from what the 2D concept was into 3D. what SU did with the hegdehog stage was good. it brought back sonic to its 2D roots. the werehog was just God of war in a Hedgehog suit. next to the cod of war suit. if i wanted to play GoW, ill go play GoW.

90% is a bit much. 80% is more reasonable.

i detect a little hostility from you. i dont know why your upset with me.
    im guessing you grew up loving the genesis sonic games and were hoping that sonic would do well in 3D. you think your the only one pissed at sega and sonic team for killing sonic's image in the gaming world?