Dreamcast or TFs?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Nerdling, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    You have.
    Observe!
    Then your hands suck, and they have no idea how to hold a controller properly.
    EPIC wrong.
    (Mind you, if you only played a DC "a few times" then you wouldn't have had the time to get into it. Or you watched your friends suck at it. Either way, you definitely have no clue what you're talking about.)
    Pretty damn near equally EPIC wrong.
    One big fat damn near EPIC wrong after another.

2. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  4. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

No your wrong. Handles=comfortable, rails on the side of a brick=not comfrtable.

Shemmue 2 for 20 minutes. On the Xbox. That was MORE than enough of that epic fail.

RE has unforgivaby bad gameplay. The story line is fail too.

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    And yet it's one of the most successful franchises ever.

So you never played the first? It's painfully obvious why you couldnt get into the sequel then.

6. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I really wanted to get a Dreamcast, simply for Godzilla Generations: Maximum Impact, but I can't find that anywhere for a vaguely reasonable price.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    that was a terrible game anyways.

8. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I never played it, but I'm a huge Godzilla fan, and I couldnt really tell much about it from the 2-3 screenshots on the net, so I figured I may aswell try it. Until I saw the prices.

Plus, the fact that you could play as Showa Mechagodzilla was instant win to me.

9. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    And yet I've used that controller for an entire day in the past and been fine. Are you sure you have all your fingers?
    So not only did you NOT play the original, but you played 20 MINUTES of the decidedly average PORT of the SECOND game.
    Good grief, pal, stop embarrasing yourself here. You're not even VAGUELY qualified to pass judgement on either game.
    :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol 
    No. Idea. What. You. Are. Talking. About.

10. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Valkysas and Draven, plus yourself in most of your posts.

Full of bad ports? As Valkysas pointed out, Dreamcast versions are the gold standard for most titles of console and arcade origin that passed througth its disc tray.

Total failure and trainwreck? Commercially maybe, but hardly total when its got a sizeable catalouge of highly rated games and pioneered features that we take for granted in modern systems.

Saying a story heavy game is terrible when you played a few minuites of sequel on a totally different system? Regurdless of whether its terrible or not, thats piss poor basis for a definate statement and expecting not to get mocked for using it as such is borderline comedy.

Theres a difference between not taking it seriously and posting fallacies with nothing to back them up.

So you don't like the games and system, stating that is fair enougth. Claiming that its the worst system ever and that all its titles totally suck balls without having a decent argument to at least explain your position just makes you look rediculous.

Opinion is not fact, presenting yours as such is half the reason that your being kicked around like a football.

11. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I used to have a DC. Fun system. And at the current prices, it couldn't be a better buy.

The DC didn't fail. Sega was burning too many bridges in the industry to sustain in the console wars is all. If you say it failed, you're just repeating what you heard someone else say.

12. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I was going to say that its either that or he is just trolling, but does it still count as trolling when were getting more entertainment out of it then he is?

13. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Honestly I would have to say that the DC controller is the possibly the best I've ever used. Much better than the Gamecube or Xbox controller.

Also, we all know that FPS games are not supposed to be played on consoles. That's a pretty widely accepted fact.

14. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    From a controller perspective, I'd say Sega got it pretty much spot on with the DC - the D-pad, analogue stick, and all buttons are easily accessible in an ergonomically comfortable package. As controllers go, it's pretty big, but it works!

And having the VMU screen become a small display for the controller - a great way of conveying 'secret' info a player without anything else seeing it in multi-player games.

15. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    Wow the only trainwreck is the one you are creating for yourself. I think it's time to quit.

16. Nerdling

Nerdling Jiminy Jilikers!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember when my brother bought the Dreamcast back in 99. We got it at an imported video games store for about $180 with Marvel vs. Capcom. Holysmoke we probably played that badboy for 6 hours straight. Then I bought King of Fighters 99, Marvel vs Capcom 2 (which hadnt even hit the arcades yet) and Soul Calibur. Until I bought SC, Final Fantasy was the only game I clocked in 60hrs for.

I'm surpised I even graduated highschool that year :dunce 

17. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh yeah, Soul Calibur on DC is like the best thing ever.

18. ricky503

ricky503 Well-Known Member

The DC rocks at playing 2D games. CVS 2, MVC2, SF3, & Alpha 3 look much better than they do on XBOX and PS2.

19. domientius

domientius Well-Known Member

The Dreamcast was a good deal more powerful than the PS2. But the PS2 tossed in DVD playback at a time when DVD players were expensive and it really helped push the system. Developers dropped support of it thanks to lousy sales. Half-Life was canned about 2 weeks before street date. They even had copies ready to ship to the store, as evidenced by people owning legit copies. Max Payne was rumored to be on the system but no one at Remedy ever say it running on DC.

I ended up selling mine recently because I couldn't find any of the games I really wanted for it. Can't find D2 at an affordable price and I didn't play the few games I owned. Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 hit Gamecube, Power Stone on PSP, Space Channel 5(with the sequel) hit PS2, Skies of Arcadia on Gamecube...

I got sick of sifting through numerous unwanted copies of SC5 and NFL games at game shops, no good titles left.

The system also has a flaw in which a resistor on the controller port circuit can burn out, rendering the console useless. They used a 5 Ohm resistor which wasn't fully adequate for things like the mic and rumble. 3rd party controllers could also stress it. It can be fixed if you know how to solder.

20. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I think the dreamcast + sonic adventure made me get an incomplete on student teaching in college...