Dreamcast Games Officially Announced For PSN, XBLA

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Joe Moore, Jun 10, 2010.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Crazi Taxi if the price is right..

2. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Crazy Taxi at any price! I still play that game, to the extent that my Dreamcast has been in my 'current' line-up of consoles below the TV for the last 10 years just so I can play it.

3. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that found Skies of Arcadia to be a drawn out bore of an RPG? If I'm gonna ask for an RPG from the Dreamcast, it's going to be Grandia 2 all day long.

4. metcar

metcar mmm donut!

i remember skies of arcadia. i rented it long while back when i had the DC and it was ok seemed like your average j-rpg i did like the whole sky island theme. my biggest gripe isn't with the game it's what i did while playing it i accidentally saved when i had no chance of going forward lol.

5. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

That would be incredibly awesome, provided they don't charge a monthly fee for it again. However, I wonder if they'd actually do it, considering it could conflict with any of their PSO/PSU/PSWhatever plans they have for current gen.

6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I could see Sega letting Capcom in on the dev kit to port these to let some of their DC Gems come over.

7. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'm not so fond of Crazy Taxi. I enjoy it but it was average at best for me.

I want Ooga Booga. My time online with that game was cut short when the SegaNet ISP was killed off. I could never get a good enough connection when I had to switch over to AT&T.

[​IMG]

Alien Front Online too please.

8. Galaxy Convoy

I had it back in the day, but it got boring after awhile. Never beat it and wound up trading it in.

Oh god, AFO! Many a good time were had on that, despite that big ass yellow ball mic that only worked if put your controller right in front of your damn mouth :lol 

9. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Even if they did charge a monthly fee I would be all over it. There really needs to me a console MMO and at least this time it would be nice to think people won't be able to cheat like back in the Dreamcast days.

10. Galaxy Convoy

I think they could do it without needing a fee. The whole reason they did it back then was to fund the servers the game ran on. Just do away with the virtual lobby thing and use a common matchmaking system where games are hosted by the players instead. No servers needed.

11. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Sega as a compamy is doing terribly it could do with the money and to be fair when I think MMO I think monthly subscription - but saying that I wonder how many people would actually want to pay for it.

Either way more console MMO's need to happen and this would be a great step in the right direction. Plus I hardly played it during its original Dreamcast run so I want to see what I missed out on :eek: 

12. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Sonic Adventure? Nice.

13. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Power Stone, Jet Set Radio and Aerowings 2(3 would be AWESOME, it was never released in the US!), and Soul Calibur please!

14. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    The Dreamcast version Soul Calibur is already on XBLA, I think its been there for about a year now.

15. Galaxy Convoy

Yeah, that's the biggest problem I see with a fee. Would the average gamer actually be willing to pay a fee for a 10 year old game?

Definitely agree that consoles need some MMO love. I still think it's a damned shame that they did Monster Hunter 3 for the Wii only. I just don't get the logic on that one. When it comes to online multiplayer, the Wii sadly is NOT where it's at.