Dream transformers crossovers?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Dec 2, 2010.

1. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

What about Ratatta Ratrap? (that should include a machine gun.)

2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I always wanted a Knight Rider and Airwolf Transformer.

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I've always liked that idea (I'm sort of a Megaman geek). Not even necessarily as a crossover but as a series of repaints and remolds of existing figures. The Animated or Movie lines would really lend themselves to this. Either Animated or Movie Bumblebee would make a great Megaman (particularly Movie, with his arm cannon and helmet design). And then you could have:

Gutman: Bulkhead, obviously
    Metalman: Blazing Lockdown or Movie Sideways
    Quickman: Animated Blurr or Movie Sideswipe
    Airman: Animated Lugnut or Movie Starscream

etc.

Yeah, it's pretty surprising how little crossover there is between Transformers and Joe (in toy form) given that they are both Hasbro properties, are both heavily vehicle-based, and ever occupy the same universe. I can only imagine that there is some sort of mission statement from Hasbro leadership about keeping the brands separate for marketing reasons.

That would be great, I love me some Battle Beasts. And they're already part of the TF universe, so it's no big leap.

One potentially cool way to fold them more broadly into the Transformers line would be to use them like Nebulans. They already wear armor.... maybe they could fold up into headmasters (appropriate, since that's the series from which they originate) and then act as drivers for the robotic animals in beast mode. Battle Beast chariots and battlestations all looked like robotic animals anyway. For example, imagine Blitzkrieg Bat becoming Mindwipe's headmaster.

If there is ever an Ecto-1 figure, he needs to come double-packed with Ghost Starscream. Also, the DeLorean should really be Vector Prime.... transforming so that the flux capacitor ends up in the middle of his chest like Vector Prime's circular chest thingamabobble.

Ha, I'm not really a Beast Wars or Pokemon guy, but that's a great idea.

4. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Tron crossover. Lightcycle style Arcee. Nuff said.

5. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    G1 vs. Movieverse...

:) 

6. Dinobot Family

Dinobot Family The gang's all here!

I'm with the guys who suggested a TF/Megaman crossover! X3

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF/Terminator

It would be interesting to see how it would turn out.

8. Gammatron 64

Gammatron 64 Well-Known Member

Eh... I'm not big on crossovers. Usually they're pretty hokey. I generally only like crossovers that take place within a shared fictional universe, i.e. the Marvel Universe, DC Universe, Universal Monsters, Freddy\Jason, Aliens\Predator, Transformers\G.I. Joe, Gundam UC etc.

Other than that, they have to fit thematically and make sense. A Transformers \ Gobots crossover makes sense. Crossovers into the Marvel, DC, and Star Wars universes all make sense to a degree because they're pretty fantastical. Something like a Transformers \ Blade Runner crossover would be pretty stupid because they are so different in theme, tone and realism. And something like Transformers \ Harry Potter would pretty much make no sense.

I don't know if they were originally intended to be in the same universe, but Aliens \ Predator, Robocop \Terminator, Friday the 13th \ A Nightmare on Elm Street, Dracula \ Frankenstein \ The Wolf Man all work really well together because they're pretty similar.

I don't care for crossing over into another universe, i.e. the many Marvel\DC crossovers, because they're pretty much always non-canon or have little to no bearing at all on their respective universes.

That would be cool. It would make sense, too. If the Turtles can do it, the Transformers sure as hell can. The Turtles have way less alternate universes than TFs do.

There was also an episode of Power Rangers called "Forever Red" where every red ranger got together. It would be awesome if every Optimus Prime there ever was got together and fought some ultimate evil. Something worse than Unicron that threatens the whole multiverse (as you only really need 1 Prime to stop him).

9. Optimus Clyde

Optimus Clyde Space Trucker

News Credits:
    I'm satisfied with the Transformers Crossovers that already exist. I just with they'd do them right.

Oh! And actual GI Joe / Transformers crossover toys. That would be nice.

10. magnumx

magnumx Well-Known Member

I want Ravage to be sucked into the universe of the Thundercats.

Think about it

11. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Transformers-Halo

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Any crossover needs to be actual Transformers characters not this stuff of being a mech that looks like a human character. A HISS tank that transforms into Onslaught would be cool, a HISS tank that transformed into the Destro mech would not.

So Transformers/GI Joe because the Joes and Cobra have so many cool things for the robots to transform into.

Transformers/Dr Who. Not so much for vehicle modes but the Cybermen putting human brains into Transformers bodies sounds a lot better than Headmasters. Plus the Doctor would have some cool way to stop the Decepticons.

Transformers/DC. I know Marvel won the rights to the comic book way back when but it just seems like the Transformers would fit the DC universe better than the Marvel universe. The big blue boyscout Superman beside the big metal boyscout Prime just seems like such a natural fit.

Halo because once again really cool stuff for the robots to transform into. Same for Warhammer 40K since it's cool stuff and any Megatron tempted to use Dark Energon would be tempted by the power of Chaos.

Beast Wars/Thundercats. Just seems like the Predicons would fit in nicely with the evil mutants while Maximals would fit in with the cats, yes.

13. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I still think Transformers/X-Files would be epic.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    for me it's

Transformers meets DBZ meets Gurren Lagann meets GI JOE meets Spongebob meets Batman meets Deadpool meets Bill Nye the science Guy.

I like epicness crossovers.

15. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

dc would be a much better choice than marvel. batman alone has enough vehicles that they could get entire waves of him. batmobile batman, batwing batman etc, a campy batboat from the adam west days would be awesome. joker as an evil clown car, superman as a cool kryptonian jet or the escape pod he came to earth in, mr freeze as an icetruck etc. it lends itself to the concept far better than marvel because a lot of the characters have had signature vehicles.

beyond that i cant think of too much that hasnt been said.

16. koh4711

koh4711 King of Hearts

Ebay:
    I'd love to see an "Elseworlds" DC story where the Transformers had arrived on Earth, with the Autobots in hiding and secretly working with the heroes, while you'd have the Decepticons teaming with Luthor and seen as heroes. I actually think that could be a really interesting story... okay, and I think the idea of Prowl as the Batmobile would be awesome. And not having to play by the "rules" of either universe would allow for a better story, IMO.

I also think you could have worked Mega Man pretty seamlessly into the TFA universe, storyline-wise. Dr. Light and Dr. Wily as friends of Sumdac, with Rock and Roll being brought to life by fragments of the Allspark... I think it could work.

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Transformers and Terminator.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Doctor Who and Wing Commander.