dream time,how do you want the TF Prime toys to be designed like?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

do you want no gimmicks like animated had?

Gimmicks like AEC toy lines had?

caricature faces like animated had?

serious scary faces like the live action TF movies have?

electronics lights & sounds? yes or no?

complicated transformations?

how do you want the designs & sculpts to look like? more adult themed? more kid friendly designs/sculpts?

is liscensed alt modes a must or not?

do you want TF Prime toys to be a full blown toy line with all size levels like legends,basics,deluxes,voyagers,ultra's,leaders,supremes. or would you prefer only deluxe sized toys in this tf prime toy line.

How about the inner gears that some live action movies TF toys had. do you want to see that in TF prime toys.

PERSONALLY MY 2 CENTS:
    I want to see the TF Prime toys have a universal toy line gimmick or a few. because having a activated gimmick makes the TF toys more interesting,pushes the limits of creativity & adds more play value. I viewed animated as rather booring because the toys didn't combine & were rather simplitic in design & toy engineering.

Since I'm not a fan of smaller sized TF toys like legends,basics & mildly a deluxe toy fan. I ofcause want TF prime toys in the bigger sizes like voyager,ultra leaders & supremes.

I wasn't a fan of the lower kid age level intended buying animated toy designs. I'm a adult TF toy fan & love TF toys aimed at my age level. So ofcause I want the TF prime designs to look more adult intended like the live action movies TF toys,like alternators,like masterpiece TF toys.

as far as transformation goes for TF Prime toys. not to easy to transform. not to overly complicated. meet me somewhere in the middle.

I honestly don't want to see any silly inner robot faces like some animated toys had. I was sadened to see plenty of great animated toys literally ruined by goofy/silly head sculpts. examples swindle,wreckgar,starscream.

I don't want to see any silly "CARICATURE" updated homages thrown in TF Prime's toy line like Animated had thrown in. I'm okay with updated homages working their way in TF Prime,As long as their serious & do honor to the character/toy from the past & not mock it with a silly goofy design toy.

Personally I can live without the electronics lights & sounds on all toy size leves of TF prime toys. the added sound boxes & wires make certain toy parts to fat,long & mis-proportioned on the over all toy. examples: leader sized cybertron megatron's toy long back. animated leader sized megatron's huge/fat upper robot chest.

2. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I don't get guys like you, bro. You watch a children's cartoon, and then buy children's toys...

But want "mature" toys for "mature" collectors? There's no such thing as a mature collector. We're all men and women waaaaaaay too old to be buying these things, yet we do because we love them. There will never be a "mature" TF line, so please, I beg of you, don't expect one.

3. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Well since we know how they are going to look in the show, I'd wager the toy/sculpted design is pretty much going to look the same.

I don't think so. We've seen what most of the cast's alt-modes look like. They're basically realistic'ish made up vehicle models.

I'd prefer a full blown line, which I'd assume we're going to get at some point. Hasbro usually have toy lines for their TV shows, it's kind of what they do. I don't see why they'd stop now.

TFA didn't really have any gratuitous gimmick, but the engineering was solid.
    Personally, I'd rather have solid engineering in the transformations then just some flashy gimmick.

I'm not sure what you're saying here. You should know what TFP character designs are going to look like. If you like it, then you may like the toys. If not, you may be plum out of luck.

You should have checked out TFA then.

Again, I don't get what you want here. We've seen what the characters look like in the show. That's probably how the toys are going to look.

...So what you're saying is: Transformers is SERIOUS business!1!!

Hate to tell you, but electronics is pretty much a standard feature on all Leader figures. So if we're getting any Leader TFP toys, they're going to have electronics.
    Also, "electronics lights & sounds on all toy size leves?" When has that ever happen in a TF line?

4. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

the following TF toy lines were clearly aimed at more older/mature fans:
    Alternators,Binaltech,Alternity,titanium 6 inch Transformers,Live action TF movie toys,masterpiece transformers.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were also all based on material that only Adult collectors would want and not a children's cartoon of the moment.

See a pattern?

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Pic of the OP:

[​IMG]

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, more on topic, y'know what I WANT FROM TF PRIME TOYS hhmm?

A complete toy line with all on screen characters, something that Animated and even ROTF sadly failed to do.

8. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

I want the toys to look like their show counterparts as much as physics will allow while still being well articulated. The transformation difficulty can be whatever, I like both simple and complicated.

Also, Paxtin, shroobmaster and Nachtsider fucking win.

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    All I want is Arcee in deluxe form, and no gimmicks.

At most, give them character specific gimmicks that make sense. Line wide ones are annoying and hinder the figurers too much as AEC has shown. Animated did it right with figure having something specifc to their character and unobtrusive. Like Bulkhead's wrecking ball.

But all I really want is Arcee with pure screen accuracy like Animated had. Throw in 3 more repaints of her in the other BGC character colors, and I'll buy em all!

As for US adult lines. They stopped making those for a reason. All we have left is masterpiece. So I'm not sure what you expect for adult lines.
    The movie-line itself was still aimed at kids, it just appealed to collectors too, why do you think devs had no bot modes for his alts, or his own wrecking 'balls' which adult fans would be fine with, whereas mommy may disapprove for kids. The closest we'll get to a collector line is Generations, Masterpiece, and RTS but they appeal to kids too. Masterpiece not as much for high cost, but still.

Personally, I just want a line that the scales in bot mode work and are screen accurate. Alt modes can be whatever size, bot modes always come first for me.

10. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

Well I think they should be a full blown line.
    Gimmicks don't bother me if they are small and to the character. Then they are cool.
    Transformation should be like animated, simple but effective.
    Sculpt should be show accurate I think. I would like show accurate. :D 
    Licensed vehicle modes? no.

11. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

most likely i'd say hasbro will keep it like the show

12. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    The transformation is the gimmick. Nothing else is needed, unless characters get upgrades ie a trailer for prime that becomes armor pieces.

I just want good articulation and as accurate a sculpt as possible. Having the figures close to in scale with each other would also be nice, but im not counting on it.

What? why would they change the designs from the show? If they don't use the robot or vehicle modes from the show then its not a TF Prime toyline. That would be missing the point of having a toyline based on a show.

And honestly dude, referring to animated as "kiddy stuff" makes you hard to take seriously. You can dislike the designs all you want, thats your opinion and your entitled to it, but you cannot deny that the toys were incredibly well done and the show well written.

13. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

I'd hope they would be fairly close to the established designs for TF: PRIME - maybe not exact to a tee, but still reasonably close. Hasbro/Takara/etc. has made substantial leaps and bounds in the past decade or so in terms of show/comic-accuracy, sometimes even within a single branch of the franchise in the space of only a couple years (ex: first Movie Leader class Optimus to ROTF Leader class Optimus), which IMO is doubly impressive when you consider the wacky design aesthetics of Animated and the Movies (and Beast Machines prior to both of them), relative to what has become the "more conventional" type of aesthetic (RID, A/E/C).

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, Here's what I want to see:

1. Decently show-accurate bot and alt-modes.

2. As in-scale as they can get with the set size-classes. Something like Ultra-class for Optimus and Megatron, Voyager-class for Ratchet, Bulkhead, Starscream, and Soundwave, and Deluxe-class for Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Arcee, Brakedown, and the Eradicons.

3. Decent articulation, taking advantage of the various styles of joints Hasbro currently uses.

4. No line-wide, physically obtrusive, gimmicks. Maybe employ auto-morph like features if possible (sorta like some Animated figures had).

That's pretty much it. Considering Hasbro's current mind-set, not too unrealistic.

15. Sumner Sturgeon

Sumner Sturgeon Clods.

This. That guy pretty much hit the nail on the head with everything I want, right down to the size classes for the specific characters. The only thing I would wanna add is something specific, namely a feature that replicates the transforming hand-weapons that most of the Autobots seem to have in this series without sacrificing an arm or whatever. Maybe they could have interchangeable hands or something.

16. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I wouldn't hold my breath for an 'Agent Fowler' or 'June' figure any time soon, brah. Hell, maybe not even a 'Jack', 'Miko', or 'Raf' figure.

WHAT WILL I DO WITHOUT MY BIG-HEADED HISPANIC-AMERICAN NERD?

Calling it right now, toys like the Revenge of the Fallen line. Lots and lots of panels, very little vehicle mode forming actual arms or legs.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Here's what I have always wanted:

no gimmicks

the toys to match the characters

articulation.

a decent scale consistancy.

That is all.

18. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Basic toys for kiddies, Masterpieces for us "mature" collectors.

19. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, plenty of anti-Animated stuff in the OP's post. :eek: 

You pretty much got it all down! I would only add one other thing, that is to ensure better stability and quality control in this line. I wouldn't mind sacrificing a few features, such as a little articulation, to ensure my toy is durable enough. However, that's my opinion.

20. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    I don't want much from Hasbro. I know the toys are aimed for young kids, so I don't expect too many ROTF Leader Primes, but I do want a sort of challenging transformation the goes from a relatively accurate vehicle mode to a relatively accurate robot mode. Also, a somewhat decent scale, something like Scout Arcee, Deluxe Bumblebee & Cliffjumper, Voyager Ratchet & Bulkhead, and Leader/Ultra Prime. Okay, maybe I am expecting a bit :p  . I will be very impressed if Hasbro can pull these off though (which they most likely will), since most of the characters go from boxy vehicle modes to rounded robot modes