Dreadwing or Skyquake

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by supernova222, Apr 4, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is just a general question but, who do you prefer, dreadwing or skyquake?
    why do you like them? do you wish their roles had been reversed?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Well I like Dreadwing's color scheme better, but as to whose character I like better, it's really one sided, given Dreadwing has received much more interesting characterization. and I'd take the the more interesting character any day.

3. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I prefer Dreadwing. His colour scheme and bomberman antics win it over Skyquake's brute force :) 

4. er4smiths

er4smiths Optimus Prime Titan

I wish Skyquake was still around. It would be cool to have them both on the show as Megatrons twin seeker bash brothers. They would reak havoc together.

5. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    Their isn't much difference between them designwise but I prefer dreadwings colorscheme.

6. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Character wise, its hard to say for sure. Skyquake was here and then dead in one episode, while Dreadwing is around for a many episodes.

So I'll just go by looks instead. I prefer Dreadwing's colors more as they give off the Blue Angels vibe.

7. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dreadwing. Love the color scheme, love the huge ass gatling gun, and Tony Todd does an excellent voiceover.

8. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

I prefer the skyquake colors and the weapon he carried.

9. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

Skyquake's gatling gun is all kinds of awesome compared to the oversized laser pea shooter Dreads has. He's more fun to watch than Dreads too, in just his one episode. "BOW TO THIS!" "It'd be a shame to hurt you bug, but it is my duty..." "Air superiority ACHIEVED!"

He has guts, confidence, has a sense of honor without seeming a tad 'weak' or willing to defect, isn't afraid to gloat, and could beat Prime in a straight on fight.

Dreadwing is not bad, he's someone else, another character, but I prefer Quakes.

10. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

I really liked to see both of them in action! Seeking for Starscream for example, looking for another comrades hidden away in stasis lock, other Seekers and other Decepticons.

11. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

I sort of like Dreadwing better, but Skyquake was quite cool in the one episode he was seen alive.

(On a kind of related note: Has anyone else noticed that Skyquake had sort of an echo to his voice? Was it just because he was in that canyon for most of the episode and it maybe bounced off the walls, or was it just an odd audio choice for him?)

12. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I think I like Skyquake better, for some reason. I think Dreadwing needs a bit more time to grow on me. He's pretty cool but hasn't wowed me. Not like Starscream, Knockout and Airachnid. Even Soundwave stands out more.

Dreadwing was pretty good in his first ep but running away from a fight seemed unimpressive. Especially as his traps failed to stop Wheeljack. I now know that he really meant to capture Bulk and use him to kill Prime but when first watching, it disappointed me. Crossfire, he got beaten by Airachnid in five seconds and saved Megatron. Not much.

I think Dreadwing just needs time to grow on me.

13. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are things I like about both, but must say, Skyquake's gatling gun and hilariously booming voice were total tits.

14. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I will go with Dreadwing. Skyquake tended to blend in with the surroundings. HIs colours lacked excitement and didn't really stand out on screen.

Also, Dreadwing's specialty in explosives and other weaponry interests me. I also enjoyed how he was dodging Airachnids plasma blasts. Drop rolling etc. He was showing some great skills. He's also a strategic thinker. His preparation of the area with bombs, and his coming to save Megatron at the right time are proof of this, IMO.

Dreadiwing all the way.

15. Arsenic

Arsenic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Color scheme - Skyquake.
    Both of them match their personality, but I prefer green.

Personality - Dreadwing.
    Due to Skyquake's death, he got complex personality - loyalty to Megatron and vengefulness toward Autobots.

Fight style - Dreadwing.
    DW has very unique fight style. I want to see how his bombs work on battlefield more and more.

16. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Dunno. I like them both. I wish we could have seen them demolishing squads of Autobots together.

17. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dreadwing, duh.

18. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As of right now, Dreadwing. I feel he will actually have a really important role later on this season

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm digging Dreadwing.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm definitely liking Dreadwing better. His color scheme was a bit off-putting when I first saw it, but after seeing him in the show I rather like it. The voice work from Todd has certainly been a plus, and I enjoy the characterization of Dreadwing too. While Skyquake was rather generic, Dreadwing here has some real depth and purpose to him. He's fast on his way to becoming my favorite con in TFP.

Also, I would be a fool to not admit that knowing Dreadwing will be around for at least a while is certainly a big plus in his favor.