Drama at the Hasbro Booth

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by x BlackMagnus x, Jul 21, 2011.

1. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

Oh this is nothing, I seen worse at Botcon. I saw a grown man cry once because he finally bought a transformer that eluded him for years. We asked him if he was going to be alright. He looked at us and then proceded to raise his arms like he was Rocky on top of the steps in Phildelphia and began to shout. Its basically like the Star Wars Cantina lol. But really, most people are cool and just enjoy the hobby like we do.

2. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    o_O  wow....well hopefully the small population of people who bitch and complain at these things aren't enough to ruin it for the rest of the fans there.

3. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ... but you caught that on camera though, right?

4. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Most people are civil at conventions. People on the video are a very small group of people that feed the bad stereotype to con goers.

5. combaticon164

No, I was helping my friend in his booth, we just laughed when we saw it and still talk about it when we see more spazz moments by fans.

6. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Guess that's just as good. Power of the internets!

7. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the 'no guarantee' and 'real fans line up early' comments. It's Comic-Con, not 'Insert any other'-Con. Hundreds of thousands of people attend this show. Getting in line early at Comic-Con is not an option. EVERYONE gets in line early. And while I understand nothing in life is guaranteed, if I paid an additional $75 for the opportunity to buy the exclusives early (they did sell a limited number of preview night badges, so your chance is supposed to be better), I'd at least expect to get through one, if not two lines. If anyone of you were in that line, you'd be just as upset. It's just easier to take the 'holier than thou' route because you a.) are not there and b.) didn't waste $75 and three hours of your life with people who may have not bathed in the last 72 hours.

8. combaticon164

Yeah it sucks, but just like anything else in life, sometimes you gamble and loose and life just isnt fair, deal with it like an adult and learn from it. I am sure most of these people will get their exclusives and their tragic "moment" will be captured in Youtube for years to come.

9. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    I agree, I would be upset if I stood in that line for that long and not gotten a chance to get a toy, but I am not dumb enough to do that on preview night, what do u think is gonna happen, really?? Thats only 3 hours for $75, a person who knows how to spend money can clearly see that isnt worth it, go Thursday morning and take your chances, lol but then again Im not a person interested in standing in a line unless its in a theme park. But hey, birds of a feather...

10. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I wasn't there, but I totally agree with this. Hell, I waited like 2H in line at Botcon and was very aggravated, and this is considering I got all the toys I wanted!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  11. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    I just gotta say I wanted to go to SDCC but after watching that video,you couldn't pay me enough to go now,hundreds of thousands of angry fans get this,sorry but FORGET IT, I am pretty content on getting my regular figures at Walmart and so forth,where there ain't no angry mobs.

12. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I dunno....sometimes for certain events I see people camp out overnight. Those ARE the people who get there early to the truest sense. Now, I don't know if people did the same for SDCC, or if they stayed up all day and night or whatever to get in line to get in line first....but experience tells me some more than likely did. And if they did, then how can "everyone" get in line early? And its not being "holier than thou art" attitude either. Its about this "me me me" attitude that's being displayed and the heightened anger over a toy that people didn't get. You'd think that with the many things in life, there would be more priorities and more important things to get upset over.

If I was FORCED to stand behind some slovenly bastard that didn't shower. Yes, I'd be upset. If I had a choice?...No I would not be upset, I'd leave. Those people CHOSE to stay. If I knew I could come back to that same place tomorrow under better conditions...would I? Yes I would. Those people CHOSE to stay. They made their decision. If convention holders are known to be sloppy with their "organizational" skills, then I would go to one with no expectations of anything going smoothly. If I didn't know, then yes, initially I'd be upset, but then that would be a learning experience for me wouldn't it? Would I scream and holler at people because of it? No....I wouldn't. I would like to think I can at least behave properly and with civility in public and not cause or be part of an incident that would lump me in an unwanted impression or be lumped in group with a bad stigma that I did not want nor do anything to deserve.

13. combaticon164

Well said Sir!

14. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Hell, I could even share a story about campers that stayed all day and night for the release of Star Wars episode 1. This may be a bit off topic, but its related. I was on leave in California. There were massive lines at this one theater I went to. Now, I was naive in the hopes that there would be any tickets left. All the people in their lines looked at me so smug as if to say "HA! You're an IDIOT! I guaranteed MY ticket by ordering early!" OK. Well I walked in at 4:15pm and asked if they had anymore tickets for the 4:30pm showing. They had 2. I bought one. I walked out, ticket in hand. Looked at everyone. They all......looked at me with that smirk. I walked right up to the 4:30pm line. Everyone then looked like they wanted to kill me. The guy at the door checked my ticket and it was legit. I walked in. Again....everyone else looked like they wanted to kill me. When the movie was over. I walked out. Again, everyone that was still outside waiting with their now sunburnt and tired asses looked like they wanted to kill me. I smiled at everyone and resisted the temptation to spoil the movie for them....and went home. Total wait time.....15 minutes. Everyone else? IDC NMFP.

If I remember correctly....there were people talking hella shit about me too. Did I care? No. I didn't. Decisions......decisions......

15. Metallitron

Metallitron Decepticon of Malice

News Credits:
    You deserve a Metal sir!!

16. combaticon164

Every fandom has its oddballs and loonies. In the 2010 Botcon I was in line to purchase the Double Punch figure, there were 3 people infront of me who bought the remaining figures.When it was my turn, guess what --sold out! I had to purchase the figure else where. I didnt create a stirr about people buying multiples of the figure and created an atmosphere of doom and dread. I later paid for the figure, for more than what it cost, but that was my choice and the hand I was delt.

17. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Well....I think I just got lucky. But here's something interesting I just read on another website:

http://rebelscum.com/story/front/SDCC11_Spy_Report_From_The_Floor_139657.asp
    Now THAT is fuct up. For that premise (if it is true...and if someone can verify this), then.....people do have the right to be upset. But according to the video.....no one said anything about that?....Or at least I didn't hear anyone voicing their complaint to that regard. Maybe I was distracted too much by that power ranger ring tone.....

18. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

There are a bajillion doors into the sdcc at what point did they state they were going to have only one door open? Opening every door at the same time is the safer option if you ask me

19. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    That I don't know. But I do find it messed up that they ignored the people that were standing in line.....

20. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

If you havent been to SDCC, then you just dont know the horrors of those lines. When I used to go, I skipped the Hasbro booth through the entire con because you A) needed to wait in line to get a ticket for a time to come back to B) wait in another line to buy your stuff. Preview night was great, I hit all the other booths and got my exclusives just fine or with minor wait, but Hasbro man, It's hell in there.