Heavy/Scratch: Dragstrip - Now with mods Muler's team never dreamed of!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheDevastator, Apr 20, 2008.

1. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Dragstrip proved to be my most difficult Stunticon to obtain and modify. If there was any less room to work with I doubt I could have still achieved the same result. I switched his head with Breakdown's as it was much closer to Dragstrip's cartoon head. I then put a metal pin through his head, glued it in place, then flattened and shaped the ends to be more cartoon accurate. His decals are courtesy of reprolabels.com. The orange pinstripes were actually from Hotspot's portion of the Defensor repro label sheet. I cut two thin strips from the area surrounding the flaming ball decal.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    oh man, I LOVE it! He'd look so good standing next to my Classics version, and he's nearly as poseable too!

3. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Another awesome piece of art!!
    Again, did you use some aerialbots shoulder joints?
    Man if they are not, tell me what they are!!!
    Hehe!!! I dig the 3rd pic alot!!!

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This guy was actually one of my favorite toys as a kid. You've taken a favorite of mine and made him 100% better. MAD props to you, sir. MAD props. :thumb 

5. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Redline - The poseability is great indeed. I did consider giving his feet balljoints like the Classics Mirage, but I decided it was unecessary and intrusive. I'm still happy with it though!

Ptitvite: Yes, the shoulder joints are from some bootleg Aerialbots. They fit the transformation scheme I had in mind and they were very non-intrusive.

Superquad7: I'm glad I did one of your favorites justice! When I finally got one I think I enjoyed him more than the other Stunticons.