dragonlance movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Dragonwolf, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    just got my dragonlance movie and it is good but i have some minor complaints.

warning spoilers:

first, they changed so much, like the meeting in solace, onix and verminard in the begining talking to takisis, and at the end in the fight agenst verminard, a whole thing of paladine vs takisis instead of mishakal.

then they left out the sword of the kinslayer, tas and fizban finding the room and pics of the dragonwars and dragonlances, and tas's stealing from everyone to name a few

but the voices did seem to fit, except for caramon, in my opinion, and sturm and raslines bantering agenst eachother was right on.

all in all a good movie, and i cant wait till the next one of dragonlance and salvatorys drizzt movies whitch i pray they will do.

2. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

What... What? There's a Dragonlance movie? Where can I get these?

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked mine up during lunch, but I'll be watching it when my son goes to bed.

4. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Dragon ... Lance?

Sounds intriguing.

5. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

And you must be that 0.01 percent of nerdy people who never heard of Dragonlance setting for D&D. Good for you. If you like "A Song Of Ice And Fire" you will be bored to hell with DL books. To me, Drizzt books are better.

6. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

a) Who knew there is a Dragonlance movie out? (Rhetorical question as apparently a few of you folks did.)

b) I have no interest in said movie.

c) I am interested to know that Keifer Sutherland is in it. Presumably just his voice.

7. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Yep, don't know what those things are either, so I guess that makes me the 0.001 percent of nerdy people who has never heard of the basic nerdy things?

8. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    And here I thought I was "teh nerd" and I too have not heard of such things.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You're not missing anything. I slogged through a few of each before moving on to solid books.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Make that .002%

11. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

I only knew about them because my mother read them...

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer the Drizzt books myself, but I do like the Chronicle Trilogy, and I did enjoy the movie, despite questionable animation. If Drizzt ever gets a movie, I hope the Animation (if animated) is a lot better. You can't convey Drizzt's fighting ability with crappy animation.

13. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I remember reading a series back when I was like 15 years old that involved them finding special lances to slay dragons or something and that a white dragon was really a chick and ... I don't know.

Enjoyed it, because I like medieval shit, but never finished the series, lost all interest, and now that there's a movie out, my interest will probably continue to wain.

14. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    Picked it up today and loved it. Thought the voice acting was outstanding, the animation took some getting used to but found it better than I expected. This wasn't big budget Hollywood so I didn't expect spectacular but I think it did surpass my expectations. Some dark scenes(Hangings) that might not be suitable for younglings, but I really liked it. Thought they could have used Tasslehoff more for sure, but other than that no really big complaints.

15. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I'm not so sure what think they changed so much, but I thought it was close enough for squeezing in a standard length movie. It isn't like it had nearly the amount taken away as a Harry Potter. The meeting at the Inn was slightly different in that Goldmoon wasn't singing or anything. They may have shown Onyx and such earlier just to give you more of a heads up of things to come.

Anyways, definitely had to get used to the animation. I knew it would be... not the best, but the CG just seemed really pointless and out of place. The characters were spot on EXCEPT Tas. Tas is supposed to be like an adult with a carefree, curious nature, and he came off as a mischievious teenager. I did like how he stole things though, especially at the beginning with Flint's knife. Tanis's "faith" wavered at the drop of a dime, but that was probably just done to fit the length of the movie.

Anyways, very enjoyable for fans, and if you like animated movies with a serious overtone instead of surfing penguins. Just go in knowing the animation was on a tight budget. Also, I say buy this to as many people as they can, because unless it makes some sort of profit we won't see another.