DragonBall Kai

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    This reminds me of how much I loved this show as a kid. Loving it so far.

2. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm saying I didn't like that. They could've all stayed relevantly powerful, especially since the villains were always way stronger than everyone for most of the arcs anyway. A lot of cool characters were forced into the background or damn near disappeared for the sake of the guys that can turn their friggin hair gold. I mean, I can understand, I just wish it had been balanced more.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  3. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Yes, and it can also mean for redone, revamp, remake, correction, etc.

4. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Paradise, not paradice.

Even in 21st century, Japanese animators continue to misspell English words. Don't tell me they can't afford to check a word on Google once in a while.

5. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Can't blame them, that's what make them so.....japan, right ?

6. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Z series is getting condensed down to close to 100 episodes?

Awesome!

7. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

How come people keep asking what this is? There was a thread covering that like a month ago.

Anyway, I'm about to watch the first episode, here goes.

8. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

the coloring feels weird at times but I think thats because I rcently gave db and dbz a go and Im too used to the red-ish.

but otherwise I was very very happy with how fast paced this goes, its gonna be great.

I actually been wondering how this will be accepted in Mexico.
    (so Im bringing 4 or 5 episodes of kai with me on my next trip in a month or 2)

9. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

i'd watch it...always was a DBZ fan...

but this reminds me of Transformers: Generation 2....new intro and outro but same old inside...

the difference though, this will most likely get pass episode 2...lol

10. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

2 eps in and liking it so far.
    Its been a good long while since I've seen DBZ so this is a nice refresher at any rate.

11. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I never got into DBZ; every episode I caught seemed to be very little more than 2 people floating around shouting, and maybe one attack, and maybe a couple of other people gasping a lot and shouting about whatever the fuck just took 4 episodes to happen.
    Then the credits.
    This "abridged" version, however... I've watched the first episode, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'll keep watching.

12. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kind of wish this didn't exist. IMO it's a horrible way to celebrate Z's 20th Anniversary. It's just such a lazy thing that was made. It's like Toei decided to pull a FUNimation and crop the series, mess around with the colours, and edit things like FUNimation did circa 1996 (no lil' Goku, less blood, etc.).

A remake series from when Bulma found Goku to when Goku trains Oob simply titled "DragonBall" would have been a much better thing. That way there wouldn't be any clashing styles of animation. No odd edits. It's not like a remake series wouldn't have made money. This rehash is doing pretty good in ratings, I could only imagine what a remake series could achieve.

13. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

^maybe toei will do that for the 25th or 30th anniversary.

14. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This year is the 25th Anniversary of DragonBall. They celebrate Z's 20th Anniversary, but [thus far] ignore DB's 25th.

15. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

The first episode was really good and I didn't think it would be. Coming from a purely non-fan point of view I was thinking that it would probably be dumb but I was pleasantly surprised. Excited for the next episode.

16. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Since it actually made me consider it watchable (Let alone actually enjoy it, which I have been) I disagree.

17. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    It really is a brilliant idea, aside from being much more accurate to the original manga and fixing the series main problem, the pacing (10-15 episodes for a 5 minute sequence? Thanks!), I'm really looking forward to seeing how story arcs later on are done without all the filler material. And for those who aren't aware, there's a TON of filler! Lots of extra episodes, showing training sequences that were never in the manga, not just like Garlic Jr and the Other World Tournament, but scenes in the time chamber, Gohan and Krillin's journey to Namek, lots of things. Right down to the other warriors blasting Cell during the beam struggle with Gohan before Vegeta tried it at the end. There's a ton of material Toriyama never intended on, and I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing cleaned up.

18. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

Well, I'll say it:

I was working on a DBZ fan fiction series, and I was having trouble working on the timeline and continuity. I'm hoping this "cleaned up" version will help.

Also: getting to see the whole thing without paying $30 for box sets? Win.

19. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    They used to make you pay 30 dollars a dvd for usually 4 episodes when it first came out.

20. strscrm

strscrm GAME BOY ETERNITY

For all those enlightened DB fans, 2009 is the 25th anniversary. The manga began in 1984, the anime series began in 1986, so its 25th anniversary will be 2011.

Dragon Ball (anime) was free of filler and battles that lasted far longer than the manga. DBZ was not so lucky. Dragon Ball Kai is Akira Toriyama's true vision of Dragon Ball Z. Some may have noticed already from the first 3 episodes that there does exist some filler in the new anime that didn't exist in the manga, so its not a true interpretation of the manga, but its Toriyama-san's vision of DBZ.

For those wondering when FUNimation will be dubbing the series in English with the likes of Christopher Sabat, well currently FUNimation is unable to obtain the rights to produce the series here in the States, but they will as soon as possible.

Dragon Ball Kai episodes:
    Ep.1: Dragonball Kai - Episode 01 - Watch Anime Online - Free Anime Streaming Videos - Full Series @ Animewoot.com
    Ep.2: Dragonball Kai - Episode 02 - Watch Anime Online - Free Anime Streaming Videos - Full Series @ Animewoot.com
    Ep.3: Dragonball Kai - Episode 03 - Watch Anime Online - Free Anime Streaming Videos - Full Series @ Animewoot.com

Call me crazy, but Toei will continue to air Dragon Ball Kai through the end of 2010, when of course they will have covered all of DBZ. Then they will re-air Yo Son Goku and Friends Return | http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/movie...urn-new-dragonball-special-now-streaming.html | with Dragon Ball Kai bumpers. While all of this is going on, Toriyama-san is writing and drawing new DBZ Manga that takes place after Buu and Yo Son, which would be released at the end of 2009. It would of course ignore Dragon Ball GT which is not considered canon by Toriyama-san, [sigh of relief]. Toei would pick up the new manga and turn it into a new anime, not repeating the mistakes of the past, and start airing the anime in 2011 in Japan. Crazy or a vision of the future?