Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, Apr 4, 2009.
YouTube - Dragon Ball Kai Opening!!
Looks pretty good.
It's just the original show without the filler and some new scenes. As well as a new opening.
Sounds like a winner in my books
Yes but you can do the same thing by skipping said episodes on the Dvds
Definitely going to have to watch this. Something about DB that just always draws me back.
Looks good too, might look out for it as I only focus on the manga all this time.
So is it just going to be the old animation re-edited, or a new show following the same story just not as long?
same show, edited for awesomeness.
The Original Series Titled Dragonball Z ran for 291 episodes - The New Edition dubbed Dragonball Kai is to run for a 100 episodes.
I'm Guessing that the following story threads are gone
- The Fake Namek Arc
- The Garlic Jr. Arc
- The endlessly long traveling to and from Snake Way
- The Long Power Ups
- The 6 episode Stare Down
- Other Fighters discussing the other guys fight
- The Hell Arc
About time they abridged the damn thing.
Has this started to air in Japan?
To Quote Shang Sung "IT HAS BEGUN"
so then the entire series is going to be redone in the updated animation style then? or is it going to be spliced into the episodes beside old animation? I heard that it was a complete overhaul so I'm a bit confused now
Okay Sokar the best way that I can answer that question is in this way:
(00) Dragonball Z had an episode run of 291
(01) Dragonball Kai (Spirit) - Is an condensed version of Z with an episode run of 100 episodes but it will more than likely run for no more than 110 - 130 max
(02) All episodes have been digitally remastered from full screen to widescreen
and are all HD
(03) The Original Soundtrack composed by Shunsuke Kikuchi has been replaced by music composed by Kenji Yamamoto
(04) All of the original voice actors have returned save for the 2 who are dead
(05) Whats been dropped and trimmed: The Fake Namek Arc, The Garlic Jr. Arc, Stand Alone episodes, The needlessly long Stand offs/Stare downs, Power Ups, Travel to and From Snake Way
Song was pretty catchy. And this is the first I've heard of Dragonball Kai, will definitely be looking forward to this.
I was imagining that it might crop and combine scenes to better fit the whole thing together. Hopefully some of the fights will be much more intense this way.
I'm really pumped for this. This is exactly what the series needed for my interest to be resparked in it.
Well...are we gonna lose the "Over 9000" due to the power up cuts? Also, I think when Goku went SS3...that was quite awesome. I can stand for them to leave that in there. Man...now I need to get these new DVD's. Good thing the old ones I have were VHS and only from the Great Sayaman-End of Z.
Too bad it's not gonna be the series done with the brighter animation. That would have been awesome-looking. That said I grew up on DBZ, so seeing these again is a huge welcome.
Separate names with a comma.