Dr. Who/Torchwood question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Javi 2 Suave, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Javi 2 Suave

Javi 2 Suave The King Of Impulse TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ok, do I need to finish the 1st season of Torchwood before starting the "3rd" season of the new Dr. Who? I've started to watch Torchwood and made it to the 7th episode, but I really want to skip ahead to Smith and Jones of the new series. Will I be missing anything significant if I do this? Please keep your answers spoiler free, I just want to know if it's a good idea to finish Torchwood first....

2. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

no matter of fact save the trouble and ignore torchwood. It wasn't bad but it was far from great

3. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Torchwood is just a spin-off, it really has nothing to do with Doctor Who. You'd seriously miss nothing.

4. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

The last ep of Torchwood has the most basic of tie-ins to episode 11 of Doctor Who's third season. That's all. Very brief tie in.

5. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

a tie in that is explained again in doc who anyway for those viewers too young to watch cappin' jacks happy 'our

6. Aldude

Aldude Automorph

Skip Torchwood: stick with Doctor Who. The kids have to do it (unless parents want their kids to watch such vulgar filth)

7. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

Vulgar filth is a bit too Daily Mail for my liking, but i'd certainly say that its an adult show in the most juvenile way possible and that there usually isn't enougth decent writing underneath the swearing and shagging to make it passable.

8. wavelength

wavelength Well-Known Member

and i will still be nicking torchwood threads anyway, but i now have a new phrase '..... is a bit too daily mail for me' courtesy of rabidyak!