Dr Who 17-6-06

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cast, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Crap

Really saying any thing else would be a waste of time.

2. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

that was weird. very, very weird

3. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I don't usually mind off-format episodes in SF series or Doctor Who stories where he just nudges events along instead of being the main drive, but that was just a load of old arse.

Next week he goes to 2012, hopefully he will tell us how many billions of taxpayers money ends up being pissed down the toilet on the olympics.

4. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheres the love guys?

yes it was a little bit weird and alot of it seemed to be written by an 8 year old but marc warren was great and i would love to see him be the doctors assistant next year

The good

There were some funny moments

Acting was good apart from that horrible girl from harry potter

The bad

The enermy reminding me to much of fat ba**ard from austin powers

Some of the acting was hideous, the scene were HP girl is telling elton to run springs to mind , she manages to talk with zero emotion and manages to say "run get out of here hes going to kill you" in the same tone of voice you use when saying to someone "can you get some milk"

That terrible looney toons sequence where there chasing each other through the doors which happens every episode of bugs bunny and scooby doo.

The way it carried on in the same format all episode. had the first 10 minutes been the same and it then reverted to a normal ep with elton helping the doc it could have been great

The whole written by a 8 year old thing

Another huge hint ofcourse to rose biteing the bullet at the end of the series but still possibly the worst episode of the series, i felt we had a real chance here to learn more about torchwood and for some good characterisation unfortunatly that was lost in to many weird scenes

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I meant to Record it, but the VCR screwed up, So I'll wait till tomorrow.
    Still, I have seen the 'chase' sequence, and It made me think, 'Damn, the kiddy-factor is back in force.

6. RabidYak

Please refrain from defaming Looney Tunes theatrical shorts by getting their content confused with cheap Hanna Barbera TV cartoons.

7. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A few minutes into the episode I had one thought. Yak will hate this.

And I have to agree with him.

Now I don't mind someone else in the episode ocassionaly taking centre stage for part of it to aid the story along, but virtually have the Doctor pushed to the side to only have 2 or 3 scene's is pushing it to far.

I did, however, enjoy the reference to Bad Wolf, and the seeds are being sown of Rose's departure. One thought I have had about that is what will the fall out of that be with Jackie (who I see was back to her nyphomaiac ways)

Next weeks looks partly the same.
    Still week after that thing should hopefully hot up.

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Actually the HP girl was the only thing I liked in the whole episode, I have a weird thing for girls that can snarl.
    I was so pissed at what they did to her at the end, I actually thought she would have made good replacement for rose, some one different, smart but with a temper.

I really like the new Doctor I do but the writing of this series is going from bad to worst, I mean we’ve had two good episodes, K9 and that one with the clock work robots, other than that every one has either sucked like this one or totally failed to live up to what they could have been.

Oh and as for next weeks, ohh a girl that can make drawing come to life or vice versa, didn't they do that of eerie Indiana like 15 years ago and even on there it felt like a stretch to make it fill 30 minutes.

9. RabidYak

MUWAHAHA, my influence finally spreads beyond the monitor.

10. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Nice hint at Rose's departure. I was thinking that guy would make a nice replacement for her, but I doubt that would happen. He almost seemed like a replacement for Mickey.

11. Streck

Streck <B><FONT COLOR="#FF0000">QED</B></FONT> Veteran

Sorry, I'm busy going through some more Pertwee episodes. I'll have to watch this later. Much later.

12. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What is thy bidding, my master?

Don't hurry. Your not missing much.

13. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't mind the other dude taking main stage for this episode. I wouldn't want that to happen in more than one episode, but it was decent. I still didn't like this episode, but the Doctor not being the main focus isn't why. The Scooby Doo chase scene at the beginning was rediculous, and Fat Bastard destroyed any chance of the episode being decent. I also have to shake my head with annoyance every time I hear that damn word Torchwood. Gyah! Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, the final 2 parter is all that's left to look forward to.

14. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. In America with the first season. This thread is for season 2 in the UK. The UK are a year ahead.

15. Boardwise

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For a change :p 

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    My sentiments exactly.
    Anyhow, bit of an offbeat episode. Definately more light-hearted than the last couple, too much really. The format was interesting, but it could have done with more exposition on who or what the monster actually was. Too much was left to the end to be pulled together.
    That said, it was nice to see the impact the Doctor has on innocents who happen to just barely come into contact with him. Remember that conspiracy theorist from the season 1 pilot? He met a sticky end for coming into contact with the Doctor as well.

17. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Due to the Stanley Cup games, CBC isn't showing the second series like they were last series, where we were just a week behind BBC's broadcasts.

The new series starts in Canada on October 9th, a rather long wait, especially after seeing the first series over a year ago.