DPCI

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Primeinator, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Primeinator

Primeinator Cyberverse/Legends lover

I'm kind of new to the concept of asking an employee to look in a back room for what I want by using a DPCI number, so I have a few questions:

1) TFW2005's Resources lists PRiD Arcee and Ratchet's DPCI numbers to be the same, so is the DPCI number the same/different for each figure, each figure in a wave, or each figure in the line?

2) Can you also get a figure from the back room by telling the employee the Product #, Assortment #, or UPC/Barcode?

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    DPCI is going to be the same for all toys in the same assortment, regardless of wave. The DPCI for, say, Cyberverse Legion is going to be the same for Bumblebee as it is for Vehicon as it is for Breakdown. But the CV Legion DPCI will be unique for that size/price point toys, and the CV Commanders, Deluxes, Voyagers et cetera will all have unique DPCI. Think of them as grouped together by price or peg location.

So it's pretty unhelpful for someone looking for Breakdown, since Target can't check stock in back specifically for him. But they can tell you if any more CV Legions are in back, say a new box that's not out yet or a partial that didn't fully fit on the pegs.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1) DPCI is the same across an entire assortment. So, Prime Deluxes, for the duration of the line, will share a single DPCI number across all figures and waves. Likewise for the Voyagers, the Cyberverse Legion figures, Cyberverse Commanders, Generations Deluxes, etc. The exceptions would be any exclusives, which will have their own DPCI numbers per assortment separate from the normal toys.

2) As far as I know, they cannot look up items that way, no.

And just in case it was unclear, DPCI is a Target-specific number. It will not work at other stores. Other stores may use UPC or SKU numbers, or in the case of Toys R Us, SKN numbers (which are just SKUs with a different name). SKUs will not transfer between stores either, and each store's tracking method will vary in the level of resolution it can provide as to what they have.

4. yami4ct

yami4ct Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok, I think I can tackle most of these from my limited experience. I don't actually work retail, so some of this might not be 100% right.

1) Every figure at a particular "assortment" has the same number. That means a Prime DLX wave 1 figure and a wave 3 figure have the same number. Strangely enough, FoC figures have a different number than Generations figures, even though they are technically the same line.

2) From what I know, no you can't use any other product number. Wal-Mart uses their own system for lookups. so a figure will have a Wal-Mart number as well you can use to look it up there.

5. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Hey there-

1) The DPCI is per assortment, so all figures in the same case have the same DPCI number. Actually all Generations/FOC Deluxes share the same DPCI, all PRID Deluxes have the same DPCI (different from the Deluxes), all Prime Legions have the same DPCI (different from Generations/FOC Deluxes and PRID Deluxes, etc.).

2) Product #, Assortment # or UPC will not work. The best (most effective way) to get something from the back room is to give them the DPCI (which tells the employee where to find the cases in the back) and ask them (nicely) which figure or figures you want from the assortment. That has worked for me quite a bit.

Good luck!

EDIT: awww... 3 people beat me to it, while I was typing...

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    It's only useful for the first wave or two of a line.

7. escutler

escutler Decepticon Air Commander

News Credits:
    Actually, FOC Deluxes share the same DPCI as the Generations Deluxes from 2010. When I was hunting for FOC Deluxes a few weeks ago, I gave them the DPCI, and they came out with a Generations Sergeant Kup. Same DPCI. FYI... :) 

8. Primeinator

Primeinator Cyberverse/Legends lover

Wow, I didn't expect so many replies this quickly, thanks for your help!

9. Cyberseven

Cyberseven Seeker

One last piece of advice is that if you're just stopping into a Target on your way to say work or somewhere else. You can use the price scanning machines yourself to look up the DPCI #.
    Again though like others have stated the # is just for the assortment, not the individual figure you may be looking for.

That way you can tell if it's worth even looking down the toy isle, or having an employee check the number for you.

Kind of a time saver hint if you're just free style hunting.

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    At Target you can punch in the DCPI number into a price scanner as Cyberseven said. Do this before you ask a Target employee to check. The price scanner will tell you if they have any in the isle as well as in the stock room, so you can save yourself and them time by checking the price scanner first.

11. Agent Adam

Agent Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There actually is a way to use each items UPC to look things up on Target's pda system but it is redundant since entering the upc will just bring up the DPCI for the assortment.